Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust blow

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Is a 'blow' on the exhaust (somewhere near the manifold) a failure for the MOT :think:

Defo chas

Av a word with steff as he had a good second hand one not long ago. Quite expenise if not.

Karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you talking here or higher up ?

Landcruisermaintainance005.jpg

Thanks Karl, the Cruiser will be going to Julian V for a full service and MOT as soon as I get it on the road so he will identify what's needed. :thumbup:

Not sure exactly where the exhaust is blowing, I only heard it when I did a test drive, at the moment I can't get it running as the battery is as flat as a pancake and won't take a charge, it had been standing for a year and a half but it started first time with jump leads, got a Numax coming on Wednesday so I'll try and locate the blow then.

Chas dont assume that because it sounds like its blowing at the downpipes it actually is. I thought my 98 petrol was blowing and bought a complete Toyota one of eBay which was in all intents and purposes brand new. It sounded exactly the same at the front as the one I had removed which on removal was found to have no leak. Maybe what you hear is how they sound.
Hope this is the answer.

Andy (TTG)

AndycruiserguyLomas said:
Chas dont assume that because it sounds like its blowing at the downpipes it actually is. I thought my 98 petrol was blowing and bought a complete Toyota one of eBay which was in all intents and purposes brand new. It sounded exactly the same at the front as the one I had removed which on removal was found to have no leak. Maybe what you hear is how they sound.
Hope this is the answer.
Andy (TTG)
I'll keep my fingers crossed then :thumbup:

Back