Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust options.

Do you know if they offered them in stainless Jon?

Hmmm, do we know anyone in Oz?? :-D

I reckon the cost of making a one off set of headers would be too prohibitive John... I need to be prepared for Oiley's failing again as Col (my welder) said they were paper thin & I'd be lucky for them to see the winter out :-(

Will be getting stainless ones from one source or another...

I had my 3" mandrel bent system supplied and fitted for under $1200 with high flow cats, but no headers. Headers to go on after Xmas. I was told headers supplied and fitted about $1000 so not too bad, apparently about 5 hours labour for headers alone. I put aluminised mild steel system on as I do beach work and was told that ss tends to get metal fatique after awhile.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the response so far.

I will get in touch with ProSpeed and Westcoast and will let you all know.

DarkDude if we can do a deal that helps us both that will be great.

Paul c

I spoke to Paul at WestCoast yesterday & the systems that he has had made are for the diesels :-( Just no demand for the V8 gear :-|

I am in for a set of headers if a deal is hatched anywhere - I'll let you know how my search continues :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok an update. Charlie at Prospeed in Cardiff is the only one to email me back with a price. It is in my opinion a very good price and it is a fixed price. He is pricing to put on 2 sport cats but when I read back through some old posts I noticed that Jon had had some issues with the cats that were fitted to his truck by Prospeed. Were these resolved as I thought I read that they failed an MOT. Now from reading old posts I know that Jon has sold the truck and the owner is on here but it escapes me who it is. Have there been any other issues with the exhaust or is it all resolved? I am after a replacement exhaust, but no headers, and I want it to be routed as original. I want it to sound like a V8 but not loud and not drone on the motorway.

Paul c

Gav bought Jon's 100.

Charlie sorted the cat issue if I remember correctly. He did my system on my 80 and I couldn't recommend him enough.

Ryan

Only me :)

Aye, if there were issues with the cats, they are long sorted. The system Charlie built was back from the headers that Jon bought from Oz; Charlie fitted these as part of the build. The only issue I recall Jon having was that it was too loud for his liking but Charlie had it back, made some mods & all was well in the world :)

The only issue I have had with the zorst is with the darn headers splitting earlier in the year. My pet fabricator welded them up for me; they are pretty thin & have corroded quite badly considering their age on the truck hence the search for stainless ones...

The system on oily is a single sport CAT per bank, so 2 in total. Next MOT it failed emissions on petrol. The fix was to run it on LPG for MOT and twiddle the LPG ECU settings to balance the OEM ECU trim settings better but never tested emissions on petrol again. I don't know if 1 CAT per bank is enough but if Charlie is confident then it probably is. Whatever you put on other than OEM will be louder. The first attempt on oily was much too loud, with just a normal ProSpeed main silencer and no back box. Final version looped back through the main box again and has a small silencer on the tail pipe. Probably just right, no mistaking it is a V8 and I don't recall any drone or it being intrusive but get used to driving with the window down :lol:

Thank you Gav, Jon and Ryan for your helpful replies. It looks like a trip to Cardiff is going to be booked in the near future so Charlie can work his magic.
Thanks again for everyone's help. I will let you know how I get on.

Paul c

Ok an update. Charlie at Prospeed in Cardiff is the only one to email me back with a price. It is in my opinion a very good price and it is a fixed price. He is pricing to put on 2 sport cats but when I read back through some old posts I noticed that Jon had had some issues with the cats that were fitted to his truck by Prospeed. Were these resolved as I thought I read that they failed an MOT. Now from reading old posts I know that Jon has sold the truck and the owner is on here but it escapes me who it is. Have there been any other issues with the exhaust or is it all resolved? I am after a replacement exhaust, but no headers, and I want it to be routed as original. I want it to sound like a V8 but not loud and not drone on the motorway.

Paul c

So Paul, what exactly was the quote you got back from the dudes at Prospeed?

John

Ok John this is what Charlie at Prospeed has quoted to do. Supply and fit a complete manifold back stainless steel exhaust system including 2 x200cpsi cats. This comes with a lifetime guarantee and will take a working day to complete between Monday to Friday. It is a fixed price including VAT with no hidden surprises of £880. Charlie has been the only person to get back to me with my web enquiry. By the way they have moved to new premises.

Paul

I'm going to get a quote from prospeed for the 80, normally it'd be too far to travel but I'm planning a laning trip for a week in Wales for April, if go with them just means setting off earlier and missing a few lanes :)

Back