Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Favourite Cruiser.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
In my time as a Cruiser enthusiast I've had one or two, right from 40 series to the 100 series I have now. Of all the ones I had this was my all time favourite. I bought it in 04 and ren it till 08 when the chassis and bodywork were beyond economic repair. It was turbo charged and intercooled, the engine was an absolute peach, very smooth and powerful and all the drivetrain was tight. Bilstein shocks all round with refurbed springs gave a good ride and acceptable handling.
I did about 10k miles in it and every one I enjoyed, probably because of the vastly increased power and torque meant it would go up any hill flat out in 5th gear.
When I broke it in 09 it had the grand total of 86k miles on it.
This was the only photo I took I think.

Picture023.jpg

Just nowt else to do:lol:

Andy

I like the 60s too though not owned one. May I ask What about it made it your favourite of all the ones you have had?

Probably the way it drove, It was smooth and tight with quite a turn of speed for a 60, nice and tidy inside. It cruised well, never slowing down on hills, quicker than a manual 80 off the mark, it was not the best I have had bodywise but I enjoyed it.

Andy

I like to travel at long roots with the high speed so I like to drive landcruser and enjoy driving with it.

Last edited:
It's a shame you couldn't restore it, was it in that bad condition?

So far I've had three 80's, favourite? the one I've got now, we've been through a hell of a lot together including concrete walls. :whistle:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've had 90's, 95's 120, and on my third 80. Loved them all, but as a car, the 120 was undoubtedly my fave. It just felt special every time I climbed in.

I've only owned one kind of cruiser, the 90 series, and I wouldn't change it for any other cruiser. 18 years old now, owned for 14 years myself.

1454410_10202487643462301_2076121635_n.jpg

I love my 90, but I do want a 100 series...if toyota ever sold the 70s here I would have one of those instead.

I love my 90, but I do want a 100 series...if toyota ever sold the 70s here I would have one of those instead.
Hi,

So your not a fan of these 70 series?
DSC00120.jpg
Gra.

I've only owned one kind of cruiser, the 90 series.......

Same here......I've owned my 16 year old 90, which was my first LC, for 10 years now and that is a VERY long time for me - I used to average just under 2 years prior to that.

Recently, I must admit that I'm becoming more and more drawn to a 100 or 120, just because I fancy a change but still LCs (of course!). However the 90 continues to provide sterling service and has, over the years, become more like a family member/pet than simply a "car". So much so that the kids all threaten to revolt each time I broach the subject of selling.......:icon-rolleyes:

Well if a 70 series isn't a Landcruiser 2 then they didnt sell them here but if they are, they did.

Andy

Yes, they have a certain "retro" look about them but if they sold them in the UK would anyone really buy one given the price tag?

Andy

Same here......I've owned my 16 year old 90, which was my first LC, for 10 years now and that is a VERY long time for me - I used to average just under 2 years prior to that.

Recently, I must admit that I'm becoming more and more drawn to a 100 or 120, just because I fancy a change but still LCs (of course!). However the 90 continues to provide sterling service and has, over the years, become more like a family member/pet than simply a "car". So much so that the kids all threaten to revolt each time I broach the subject of selling.......:icon-rolleyes:

I've only ever thought about changing to a 100 series but then when I actually compared the two, for my needs it wasn't necessary or worth the cost. For me personally the 90 series is the best looking and ticks all my boxes!

Back