Fiery gets rock/tree sliders.............

AndyCook

I am in scotland
Apr 16, 2010
Old Rayne, Aberdeenshire
Garage
Good to see another idea/design for the rocksliders - before I embark on making mine!

i am interested in the way the bracket attaches to the chassis rail.
i.e. having a bolt at bottom and middle, as it looks to be tricky putting one at the top over the chassis rail - your idea gets around that!

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
Gav Peter said:
Crikey Steve - theres's no stopping you on your projects is there!!!!

Look nice - do they feel sturdy?
It wasn't really a project truth be told :) I just bolted them on, Sunday afternoon :thumbup: I bought them from off of a shadey looking gentleman with a beard ;) We met up @ J28 on the M25 one evening & I exchanged radiator tokens for these extreamly posh sliders :D

They sure feel sturdy & I shall have a go @ jacking Fiery up on them when I get a chance :)

AndyCook said:
Good to see another idea/design for the rocksliders - before I embark on making mine!

i am interested in the way the bracket attaches to the chassis rail.
i.e. having a bolt at bottom and middle, as it looks to be tricky putting one at the top over the chassis rail - your idea gets around that!
Again not really my idea :oops: :p These were originally a pair of Asfir sliders that then went on to be modified by a far more skilled man than myself :D

They looked like this when first purchased :arrow:

IMGP3285.jpg

IMGP3294.jpg

IMGP3286.jpg

Then they were modified to look like this :arrow:

IMGP3357.jpg

IMGP3359.jpg

And here's one of them of the truck :arrow:

IMGP3819.jpg

Have you guessed who I got 'em from yet :?: :think: :D

Attachments

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Nice addition to Fiery :dance: Don't know about that dodgy bloke you got them off though... wide birth springs to mind ;)

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Now I thought I recognised those from somewhere!

Yes, the room over the top of the chassis is limited unless you have a lift like Lil Blue had. But there are ready made holes through the middle of it which mean that the bracket gets really well clamped without bending it.

Chris

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Garage
Chris said:
Now I thought I recognised those from somewhere
:thumbup: :D

Before I fitted them I had my m8 (local BlackSmith) all lined up to make me a set of 3 or 4" tube sliders with Hi-Lift jack points to replace the box section of these ones :| But now that they are fitted I very much like them as they are :D Also as Fiery has not got a body lift they sit much tighter upto the outer sill area than they did on Lil-Blue :) :thumbup: The only mod I will probably make to them is to shorten them from the front slightly as I'd like very much to try my best @ keeping my OME front mudflaps fitted after Fiery's SL is done & her new tyres are fitted :) As Chris had removed Lil-Blue's mud flaps he had the sliders made slightly longer than I will need them to be :)

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Garage
Spent a couple of hours @ my m8's workshop on Wednesday (local BlackSmith) & chopped a couple of inches or so from off of the front of each slider so I could fit Fiery's front mudflaps back on :D :thumbup:

Before
P9170541.jpg

After
PB100020.jpg

PB100021.jpg

PB100019.jpg

PB100022.jpg

PB100018.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks