Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fierys bits & bobs storage.......

Finally got the main shelving unit finished & installed :dance: :dance: :dance: :D

P9120488.jpg

P9120489.jpg

P9120490.jpg

P9120491.jpg

P9120492.jpg

Just the coffin to finish now :)

Gav Peter said:
Looking good billy rae
Thank you :D

I had a bit of a play with the coffin & one of my Zarges box's this afternoon before giving the coffin a coat of gloss :D

P9160526.jpg

P9160527.jpg

P9160528.jpg

P9160529.jpg

P9160530.jpg

P9160531.jpg

P9160532.jpg

P9160533.jpg

I'm pleased with it all :) Very pleased :D :thumbup:

I hop you plan to colour match the 'support bracket'... :p

Gav Peter said:
I hop you plan to colour match the 'support bracket'... :p
:lol: :lol: I probaly shall do once I've made it :) That's just a bit of 22mm copper pipe I had laying around to give me an idea of the overall effect :D I shall probally have a look @ the support leg today as I need to remove the unit to finish off relocating the towing electrics :D

looking good - like the coffin!
nice modular arrangement,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still not quite finished as yet :p The coffin still needs it's last coat of paint & the lashing points fitting & I'm waiting for the bespoke ratchet straps from Damar Webbing :D But had a day out @ my local P&P site today so decided to load Fiery up as I would want her to be on any days laneing or weekend away :)

P9240547.jpg

P9240545.jpg

P9240546.jpg

how was it offroading? and problems?

i was offroading on the farm today when shooting, quite rattly in the back, might put a layer of foam in the drawers, or pack better as shackles and handwinch were bouncing around in the drawer.
also, when parked with front up a slight hill one of my drawers opens, when i open the boot, so need latches to keep it closed!

Finally got around to finishing off the coffin style muddy bits storage box & took it off roading :thumbup: :D

PB140048.jpg

PB140049.jpg

PB140050.jpg

PB140051.jpg

PB140052.jpg

PB140053.jpg

PB140054.jpg

PB140055.jpg

PB140056.jpg

PB140057.jpg

PB140058.jpg

PB140059.jpg

PB140060.jpg

AndyCook said:
how was it offroading? and problems?

i was offroading on the farm today when shooting, quite rattly in the back, might put a layer of foam in the drawers, or pack better as shackles and handwinch were bouncing around in the drawer.
also, when parked with front up a slight hill one of my drawers opens, when i open the boot, so need latches to keep it closed!
Sorry I missed this the first time around Andy :oops: It was all absolutely fine off road :thumbup: No rattles or wieght distribution problems as yet :D I guess as it's all made of wood this soaks up alot of those small irritating noises :) You could here all of the gear in the coffin box jump when you drove over a bomb hole too quick :whistle: Apart from that it all stayed in place & was very successful :thumbup: I'm very pleased with it all & another job ticked as completed :D

Looking good Steve - I notice the copper tube has been replaced with something :think:

:cool:

Gav Peter said:
Looking good Steve

Gav Peter said:
I notice the copper tube has been replaced with something
Yep it sure has :thumbup: That's my pruning saw :oops: :lol: In truth the stay is the very last part of this project that requires completion :D ;) I'm hopeing to get along to my m8's tomorrow to use his lathe to turn up a part that I need to fabricate my long thought out stay consception (is that the correct word :think: :p ) so yes then I really can conclude this part of Fiery's modification list :D

Ha ha ha!!! Pruning saw indeed - no re-conception required there buddy :cool:

Finally that's it, definitely finished :thumbup: Had an inspirational moment when using a bit of 22mm copper pipe to support the flap on a temporary basis I descided to make my permanent stay/support from the very same with the addition of a stop end & a 45 elbow :D

PC110153.jpg

PC110154.jpg

PC110155.jpg

PC110156.jpg

Jobs a good'un :thumbup: :D

that is cracking. :thumbup:

Nothing fancy, just cubes with shelves. Very nice (and doable for us simpletons...)

Some light modding of the ciffin storage box :D

It all got a bit rattley on a rescent trip so I've just had a bit of a sort out :D

I've relocated my hammer, crowbar & Lift-m8 so as th give less knocking while trailing :pray: I've also stuck a small piece of rubber to the underside of the lid under the blade of the spade as this was showing signs of rubbing & so was a potential for noise. I also removed the 1/2" 'D' shackle that I use as a safety pin to lock out the Hi-Lift when using it. My biggest alteration though was to fit a couple of cleats to one end of the coffins lid (see photos) & then to drill a couple of holes into the coffins end plate ready to accept the pins of my rescently installed cleats. All of this so that I only have to undo one strap if I require something from within my box :lol:

P3170301.jpg

P3170304.jpg

P3170306.jpg

P3170307.jpg

P3170308.jpg

P3170309.jpg

P3170310.jpg

P3170311.jpg

P3170312.jpg

P3170313.jpg

P3170314.jpg

P3170315.jpg

nothing like a good "organising" session to sort out and fettle those irritations and improve on the desgin.
put my upper deck in for boot storage system in yesterday and it rattled like hell...
but i had a 20kg vice on fridge-drawer - so hoping it was the vice as the jaws were fully closed and handle was loose too.
will try again today now i have tightened up the vice (need it for chainsaw assessment today when servicing the chain on the saw)

your coffin design updates look good and hope its rattle free and more efficient!

AndyCook said:
your coffin design updates look good and hope its rattle free and more efficient!
That's the key thing :) It's not untill you use something out on the trail that you really know if it going to work as one dreamed, I thought I'd seen the end of storage & crossed it off as a finished project :roll: Oh well now I can put a second line through it :lol: :D ;)

Steven

Very nice storage system. Can you tell me where you sourced your storage boxes?

John

The Dark Dude.

Dark Dude said:
.........Very nice storage system.

Dark Dude said:
..........Can you tell me where you sourced your storage boxes?
They are 'Really Usefull Box's' from here http://www.ryman.co.uk/Office-Supplies/ ... y%20Useful

2 x 3ltr & 2 x 19ltr

P9100303.jpg

I'm now also using a couple of KlipSeal sandwich box's from Morrisons for putting bits in on the narrow top shelve, behind my gas stove & 2Ltr water bottle :thumbup:

I spent some of this weekend chucking this shelve together.......

P3180332.jpg

P3180333.jpg

It's to give me space to store my really usefull bit of wood & my soft kneeling mat (it's me age you see) :) ;)

It's a bit rough @ the mo, but I will post up some piccys when it's finished :thumbup:

Back