Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fierys bits & bobs storage.......

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
............sorry I didn't get around to starting an ARB thread :( Maybe tomorrow :thumbup: ;) But I was busy with this :arrow:

P9030260.jpg

P9030261.jpg

P9030262.jpg

P9030263.jpg

P9030264.jpg

P9030265.jpg

P9030267.jpg

P9030268.jpg

P9030287.jpg

P9030288.jpg

Still a work in progress :) thought I'd share it with you though :)

:clap: :clap:

Very nice.

How think is that ply?

How think is that ply?
Well a bit of a saga behind that :roll: I'd originally made my cutting list for 12mm but when I went to buy it realised that 12mm was to thin & that 18mm was more the job so had to make a completely new cutting list for 18mm :roll: :D I then got a bit concerned about weight but after some extensive reading found that spruce plywood is significantly lighter than WBP plywood (about 10Kg per sheet) so alls well that ends well :D

To answer your question 18mm spruce plywood (about 24Kg per sheet) I've used 90% of one sheet & 65% of the other :)

I've also had 1.0l of weathersheild exterior gloss mixed to colour match the interior of Fiery for painting the storage box's with :thumbup:

You might get some business moonlighting as a hearse
Yes :lol: The large box is already being refered to as the coffin in this house as well :lol: Its actually going to house my waffles, Hi-Lift, wooden blocks, spade & any muddy gear & will only be put into the truck when off roading :thumbup: The other shelving will be in the truck always, but is very easy to remove should I need to :D I've tried to make the top of the shelving unit level with the rear seats when the backs are folded down but because I've made to slots in the shelves to take a specific size of Really Usefull Box's it's ended up12mm higher when I went from 12 to 18mm ply so not perfect but still absolutely fine :thumbup:

Had a chance to put some hinges & a door on the main compartment this afternoon :D

P9050294.jpg

P9050295.jpg

I hope to be able to support this horizontally when open so it can be used as a large flat work area :D

P9050296.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not bad for a sparky! :dance: :clap:

C

Just ordered 2 x 19Ltr really usefull box's & 2 x 3Ltr ones from off of the bay to fit in me box :D

Will post pics when they land :thumbup:

My Really Usefull Box's turned up today :D :thumbup:

2 x 3ltr & 2 x 19ltr :) Not certain what to put in them yet but I'm sure they'll get filled soon enough :D :lol:

P9100303.jpg

P9100302.jpg

P9100304.jpg

P9100306.jpg

P9100308.jpg

P9100309.jpg

Still not sure what to use to support the flap in the horizontal position as yet :? :?: :)

sae70 said:
Still not sure what to use to support the flap in the horizontal position as yet :? :?: :)

Why not some of those things which hold up cupboard / sideboard doors? No idea what they called.
Extend them and they lock, extend and released and they slide back. Your lid, if supported well enough, would make a nice table.

Gas lifts (or front shocks from a Saxo?) from a hatchback?

sae70 said:
My Really Usefull Box's turned up today :D :thumbup:
Have you considered using a piano type hinge for the flap? then the top of the flap would be flush with the top of your box.
Chas

This is the kind of thing I was trying to find Steve:

Stays...

I was also going to suggest repositioning the hinges to give you a flat level surface when the door was horizontal but its not as simple as I look as you want the door to open onto the top of the box for access to the compartments too... Hence the stay that I have just suggested might not be suitable either!!! :doh:

A nice stick would prop it up admirably :D

Gav Peter said:
This is the kind of thing I was trying to find Steve:

Stays...

I was also going to suggest repositioning the hinges to give you a flat level surface when the door was horizontal but its not as simple as I look as you want the door to open onto the top of the box for access to the compartments too... Hence the stay that I have just suggested might not be suitable either!!! :doh:

A nice stick would prop it up admirably :D
That is an awsome stay but as you say a stick will do the job just as well :D As my old grandad used to say K.I.S.S. :D ;) With regards the hinge I only used the ones you see as I had 'em but also it's not important to me to have it open flush with the main surface as this will have my Zarges storage box's ratchet straped down onto it & will not be usable as a surface in any case :)

Another addage for you when cutting stuff Steve - 'keep it as long as possible as long as possible'... :thumbup:

CATG ;)

Managed to get some time to slop some paint on the shelving unit :D Just needs one more top coat & the carpet fitting & I should be able to start using it :thumbup: :D Hopeing to get them both finished buy the end of the weekend as they've been draging on a bit know :roll: :)

P1010335.jpg

P1010333.jpg

P1010334.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010332.jpg

P1010336.jpg

looking good

rear storage system still on my "to do" list.... which i had planned to do this summer
along with rocksliders.....

I've started to paint the coffin :D :thumbup:

P9110454.jpg

Back