Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

filters!!!

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
looking to do a oil/filter change and the others while im at it,but the toyota parts are so much more money,I know you get what you pay for but are they really that much better than the other types???thinking i might go gen toyota on the oil filter and cheaper ones with the air and fuel.interested to hear all your views and experiences or advice.
thanks in advance Gary ..

ps anybody know where to get cheap genuine toyota parts.done the google thing but not found much.

Cheap genuine Toyota parts PM Ian Rubie

As for non genuine fuel filters, someone posted on here (I think) that there is a far greater pressure loss on non genuine fuel filters. As for oil filters, some of the cheaper ones don't have a valve which keeps oil in the filter when the engine is off, delivering oil immediately to the important bits of the engine as soon as it turns on.

What's £15 for a genuine oil filter compared to a mullered engine if you risk an aftermarket one,

Well, I have been using MANN filters on all vehicles I had. The oil stays in it when engine is off.
Next will be genuine Toyota just to check this rumor about pressure drop. :?:

Go OEM - buying from Ian will make the prices fairly similar to the pattern parts and will work better than the cheapos. Who knows what wear and tear using inferior air filters will cause - as mentioned above, it's just not worth it.
In the UK with clean fuel and virtually no dust, you might not notice but if you're going off-road or venturing overland, then you want to be on OEM!

Cheers,

vrecha said:
Next will be genuine Toyota just to check this rumor about pressure drop. :?:

Its on here somewhere, if not its on the other site.

EDIT: it may have been on a ebay thread which gets deleted after sometime. can anyone remember who posted it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back