Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally getting a cruiser!

AJR

Thought I'd introduce myself on the forum as it seems there are a lot of interesting threads and topics I'm sure I'll soon be joining in and seeking advice...

Having spent the last 4 years offroading my bob-tailed and modified Toyota hilux it's been time for a change and I should finally be picking up my SWB 70 series in the next few days. Had a nightmare with the apparently 'reputable' seller but hopefully it will all be sorted out shortly and I can finally get it taxed and on the road.

In the meantime it's being well serviced and checked over with West Coast 4x4 - great garage and great mechanics! Definitely recommend them, I travel 3 hours each way to use them because they far out-do any other garage I've ever been to!

My off-roading experience is a bit mixed, lots of green laning under my belt thanks to the Hilux and a good few overloading trips in Morocco with Trailmasters. (I did one trip in a 110 land rover before seeing sense and doing another couple of trips in an 80-series). Never quite made it out there in the Hilux due to space issues!

I'm looking forward to lots more off-roading in my 70 series, roll on picking it up!

Welcome to the forum AJ - looking forward to seeing some pics of your truck :cool:

Thanks! As soon as I actually get to pick it up i will get some pictures up! Just had an absolute nightmare with the dealer, now been waiting over a month!!! Fingers crossed for next few days, and once its home pics will be straight on.

Welcome, new faces always a good thing, and yes please post some pics, we like cruisers here :clap:

yay another 70 owner! :dance: :clap:

welcome to the club. :thumbup:

what have you bought a 2.4 LJ70 or a 3.0 KZJ70? :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcom AJ,

Where are you located?
I also use West Coast guys,
As you say, they are really quite efficient.

Gra.

ben said:
Crushers said:
or if he was smart a BJ/PZJ/HZJ70 ... :mrgreen:

nothing wrong with LJ's and KZJ's Wayne! :naughty:

Graham said:
Welcom AJ,

Where are you located?
I also use West Coast guys,
As you say, they are really quite efficient.

Gra.
if you want them to do an engine conversion they need the truck for a YEAR!! :whistle:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10184&start=40
Possibly an unusual problem?

When the did a job on the 70, manual, pulling out the 2,4 and dropping in a 3.0 all the changes were done within a week.
Dropping it off on a Monday about lunch time, , and picking it up again the following Monday late afternoon.
I couldn't have asked Paul or the guys to work any faster than that.
Any way, maybe that 70 was an easy one, maybe some are more difficult?

Gra.

ben said:
yay another 70 owner! :dance: :clap:

welcome to the club. :thumbup:

what have you bought a 2.4 LJ70 or a 3.0 KZJ70? :?:

It's a 3.0 - very nice drive! Once. Work out how to add the pics I will put some up. Really chuffed with the car!

Can anyone explain how I add a picture of my car? I've got some on my computer but can't work out how to add as it seems to want a URL...

OK,

step 1 reduce your pictures to some thing like 600x 400 or 800 x 600
I use pixresizer for this.
http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
The reason to do this is to get a much faster upload.
Easier to upload 100kb instead of 4MB, what a normal camera takes at.

Now open a free account with photobucket.com

Then upload a photo to your new album in photobucket
Save the album
Then roll your mouse over the picture in photobucket that you have just uploaded.
You will see a drop down menu appear from the picture you just uploaded.
click the one that says [img, ,,, , , , , ,, , , ect
When you click it, you will briefly see the word, "copied"
Then come back to this forum, start a new thread soem where.
And paste (control + V ) that link into your new thread.

Do a preview, and see if your image appears, then post

Gra.

Back