Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally i've arrived

HDJ79R

Country Flag
australia
Howdy folks, I'm VIc on the West coast of Australia, in an area known as the Great Southern...

Am a thirty year veteran heavy mobile plant / diesel mechanic...

Most of my career working on open cut heavy mining machinery, but back living the civilian life these days...

This is my FTE powered HDJ79R, mostly all original, even has only one key for all locks including fuel caps...

Not the original colour though, as they only made these in four colours for Oz, and this wasn't one of them.

As you can see on the bonnet, i like my coffee w/- cream before starting work in the mornings.

IMG_20240108_064450.jpg

I recently stopped my contracting business and moved out of coastal metro to inland beef, sheep and wheat country, and took a j.o.b. maintaining a small fleet of road trains, prime movers and earth moving machines.

Also recently i hit the big 61. So now, no more excuses and making time to do an engine project, whilst i still have all my marbles :)

Just fitted a 3" stainless exhaust onto the ol' gal, and now attempting to become a unichip dealer so i can do my own fuel maps for next stage of the project.

Anyway, all the best, cheers.

Vic

Last edited:
Hi and welcome - nice intro - looks like a great base for a truck build :)

Hi and welcome - nice intro - looks like a great base for a truck build :)
Thanks Dave, it's always been an inland truck, so not a spec of rust...

And there's no better engine base than the world's best 6 cylinder 4.2 diesel

Back