Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First time insurance needed

BigO

Hi all,

I've got to insure my 1994 80 series. It's been modified for expedition use. It has a caged rear with no seats. There is 3 seats in the first and second row. 4th has been replaced by a fridge. It also has a winch, front ARB bull bars, extra fuel, water tank and roof rack.

I don't have a no claims bonus. I'm getting large quotes for 3rd party, fire and theft. I only need 4 months cover as I'm off driving to Central Asia for 8 months from April.

Can anybody recommend a provider for modified 4x4 expedition vehicles?

Jon

You can see a picture on my website www (dot) bigoadventures (dot) com

Last edited:
Give 2Gether Insurance a bell, maybe they can help.

Hi All,

I tried 2gether. Unfortunately because its my only car, it modified, I have no no claims bonus and I live in London they won't cover. This is looking ugly. Only quote I've had is 1800 quid. Ouch!!

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried Chris Knott or Adrian Flux?

Really? That must be based solely on the fact that's it your only car then. Living in London isn't a basis for non insuring and modded vehicles are their speciality. I had zero no claims, a claim for a write off the year before and lots of mods and they insured me for about £400. Even less this year. Are you sure you spoke to their modified vehicle dept?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been turned down on an RX-8 by Adrian Flux purely for being in London. It's usually the keeping it on the street part that upsets them.

Good news, I just phoned 2gether and they have found me two companies who only count claims for the previous 3 years so that will mean come April I will be down to only one claim that has to be declared and I should be able to get the other 80 insured. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Back