Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fitting milners 1.5" body lift

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi there looking for all and any advice on fitting milners 1.5" body lift, anything that might crop up,

i have read up a bit about body lifts but would appreciate advice on fitting to colorado's.

cheers roy

Roy, search is your friend ;)

If you look at the "sticky" at the top of each model section, you will see guides on various jobs relating to that model. Which is where I found the link I've posted above. :mrgreen:

Good luck!

hi there yes i already waiched that link, it does show you the areas on the car but, but i was lookng for advice on fitting and anything i should look out for when doing it, or is as simple as take out all the factory bolts from the mounts and sterring then lift cab up and refit the spacers and new longer bolts ?

Roy, there is a complete pictorial guide of fitting the Milner kit. Every last nut and bolt that you need to know. It's on here somewhere. But if you send me an e-mail addy, I'll send you your very own copy.

Chris

thank you chris, i have sent a pm.

cheers roy

Are you sure? Not seen it.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi chris , i am following your guide you sent me for the lift, good guide.

can you tell me if the lwb cars have the hidden cross member bolts as depicted in the guide ?

or is it just the swb cars that have the hidden cross member bolts ?

i have looked for something similar but having taken out most of the rear of the car i can not see anything that resembles the hidden cross member bolts .

preped it all today and will do the lift tomorrow.

cheers roy

There's 8 in total, 4 on either side, the front ones are obvious, the next in line is in the passanger footwell, then the rear footwell and finally in the rear, you'll need to pull the carpet back and lift the rubber blanking plates to see the bolt heads, I'm sure the pictoral and explanations tell you to be carefull not to spin the steering wheel once you've undone the link....... Also check once you've done it that the brake lines don't snag on the body work, as mine did, luckily I noticed it before it rubbed through the pipe !

Regards,

Roy, know exactly what you mean. The guide is for fitting to a SWB. It's a bit of clue. :D
I don't know about the LWB. I have done one, Nick's in fact, but the step in the SWB guide isn't crucial at all really. I wouldn't worry about it. If there isn't a corresponding stud on the LWB then skip that bit. Really, no biggie.

Chris

Back