Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ 45 Crew Cab

Ole2

Country Flag
denmark
Hello Guys and Girls.

Just so you know i am from Denmark so if you have some troubles reading/understading my writing in english im sorry. But i will try my best!

I came across this forum becaus i've falling in love with the FJ45 Crew Cab.

But!

No one in Denmark have heard about this model or worse, Never seen one. So then i started looking on the internet. And what i have found is that it was build for the military in brasil. And that it is a very rare truck.

The closest thing i come to the Fj 45 Crew cab here in Denmark is a BJ45 fittet with a 3B 3.4 Diesel engine.

So heres my problem:

I want a FJ45 Crew cab!

But is the BJ45 as long as the FJ45 Crew Cab?

My plan is to build a Fj45 crew cab, with parts from a BJ45, BJ42 and a Bj45 Pick-up. I allready have the 3 cars.

I know its a big projekt but im not affraid to get startet. There are going to be a lot of body work, so anything you can tell me or any advise you can give me i will be grateful!

Ole Jensen

Denmark.

Attachments

• fj45-3.jpg
    fj45-3.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 4,223
  • paulcornelius.jpg
    paulcornelius.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,866
Last edited:
Hello Ole

I'm not an expert, but I looked around for 2 years before I found my crew cab. Mine was originally built as an FJ45 in 1979 and then converted into an HJ47 (ie the 4.0l 2H diesel fitted) in 1982. Mine is an old mining truck and the conversion from trayback/truck cab to the crew cab cost $40,000 in 1982! It is VERY heavily built. I think the chassis on mine is the same as all 'troopys' etc, although my truck is a bit longer (ie 5.25m) because of the trayback overhang. I imported mine from Australia. I think only about 50 of the original mining crew cabs were build.

The one you show from Brazil is popular in the USA, but I understand that the build quality is not as good as the original Australian mining vehicles. That said they are still good I believe, just 'lighter' construction. There are a couple of people in the USA manufacturing the crew cab bodies (just the bodies) but the ones I saw cost about $25,000 (again just for the cab), I don't know what the quality is like for $25,000.

A lot of people have taken Troopys and cut them down to make a crew cab, but they never look right in my opinion, and you don't usually have four proper doors with the chopped Troopy style. I've been offered more than £50,000 for mine, and I wouldn't not sell at twice that! I believe that an extended 'Brazilian frame version' recently sold for about $130,000. They are very nice, and very pricey, so good luck!

If I can help (but bear in mind I'm not an expert) please ask.

Cheers

CliffyHJ47.jpg

Frame.

Hello Cliffy

thank you for taking time to read and respond in me topic.

I do belive that it is popular in the US, there is alot of writing different places. but it's not easy to find tecnical data on the lenght (frame construction) I guess there not that much info about it.

The thing about the brasil version is that it looks a bit longer. so you dont have to chop a piece of the corner in the door at the rear doors. That is what i like about the brasil version.

Maby i should just get startet and take it as i comes with the body works. There is a lot of strict rules in Denmark. But no one will know if you change a Land Cruiser a bit. Causs there is so many diffrent models. and if you can make it look like a toyota made car. there shouldent be a problem.

Ole.

Hi there,

take a look at these guys they build aluminium bodies, they are not cheap but you will end up with a pretty cool truck, match it with the right power and you have a truck for life. this is something i have planed,i want to use a D4D V8

http://www.aqualu.com

Giles

Welcome to the club Ole Jensen. :thumbup:

I look forward to hopefully seeing you build one, would be a great LandCruiser. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back