Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale - '93 80 Series 4.2TD Auto

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
1993, 4.2TD, 80 Series, Auto, 12V, 7 seater, in "That Gold" colour. Just got a fresh 13 month MOT earlier this week, 6 months tax, 175K miles (I have owned for the past 2 years and 45K miles), General Grabber AT2 tyres (only half worn) Spare is still as new, Safari style Snorkel and axle breather kit, 2" Ironman lift kit (fitted by Overland Cruisers), Ironman Steering Damper (fitted by West Coast 4x4) Kenlow Hotstart, Stainless A bar, Hella Spot lamps, stainless steel side exit Powerflow exhaust, full leather (in decent condition),Walnut dash, Heated electric seats, Sunroof, electric windows, new Pioneer double din DVD player with built in Parrot bluetooth, Clifford CAT1 Alarm, ACL big end bearings (fitted by Overland Cruisers), extra AT oil cooler (fitted by Devon 4x4), new AC condenser and dryer (getting recharged next week) recently had all injectors refurbished, new front and rear diff lock actuators, full front axle rebuild (all bearings and seals replaced), 3G brakes all round, powdercoated wheels, new window rubbers, new 120A alternator, 2 brand new 105Ah batteries with extra terminals. I also have a selection of spares that will be included.

Its been regularly serviced and maintained and I have a folder full of receipts to prove it. The only gap I can see in the history was from the last owner who didn't see the point of keeping receipts...doh! I service the truck every 5-6K miles using genuine parts but I do try to get it serviced by the garage every year (Jim King Autotune, Lethenty).

The bad points: There are a few paint chips and the odd scratch. There is also a slight leak from the steering box but its so slight that I was going to leave it until the next service as its not worth going to the hassle of pulling the box to sort it.

Its a very reluctant sale but I need the money to finish off my Hilux and to buy a cheap car for the school runs. I'm looking at £5750 ovno, but would consider a trade in of a TDi diesel VW, Skoda or Audi. If you wish to call to discuss then you can contact me on 07956 324546 (NO CANVASSERS) or send me a pm on here.

I can arrange to deliver the car at cost but would need a substantial deposit up front (sorry but I have been burnt by this before)

I also have a load more pictures and can take specific ones on request.

P7110056.jpg
P7110058.jpg
P7110067.jpg
P7110068.jpg
P7110094.jpg
P7110097.jpg
P7110102.jpg
P7110100.jpg
P7110101.jpg
P7110103.jpg
P7110104.jpg
P7110097.jpg
P7110047.jpg
P7110044.jpg
P7110051.jpg
P7110053.jpg

The only thing not included in the sale but shown in the pictures is my VHF radio equipment. This will be removed from the Landcruiser prior to sale but don't worry the head unit is stuck down with double sided pads and no holes will be left in the centre console.

You also a choice of roof racks. The first is the one fitted in the pictures above which in all honesty could do with a good paint (me being the fussy bugger I am!!) The the other is the one in the image below. Both are really sturdy.
P5160287.jpg

Is that an ATF temperature gauge on the centre console?

The roof rack fiited looks good :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: who ever sold you that lost a decent rack .

Jon Wildsmith said:
Is that an ATF temperature gauge on the centre console?
It was going to be but I never got round to sorting out a sender unit for the AT fluid. Its actually a secondary temp gauge for the engine. When I got the 80 the temp gauge on the dash didn't work but after a bit of searching I noticed that the wire wasn't connected to the sender. :roll:

Someone had spent a lot of time and money fitting a secondary gauge that wasn't needed!!! :lol:

geordie_boy1978 said:
The roof rack fiited looks good :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: who ever sold you that lost a decent rack .
I wonder who that could have been?!?! :lol: :lol:

This will be on fleabay and in Autotrader by the end of the week.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Bill

Shame to see you selling the truck, with all the time you have spent getting it right.

Dam that is a nice roof rack the Alloy one.

Are you keeping the roof box ???

Mal

Sorry to see the 80-series go Bill its been a good truck
at least you are staying in the Toyota fold, what is the Hilux you are working on - its that the one you stripped down to chassis?

Ecoman said:
This will be on fleabay and in Autotrader by the end of the week.
Better luck on Ebay and AT.

Possibly a tad rich for selling on the forum.

Gra.

It's a shame your having to sell Bill

looks like i might have to sell mine to pay for the house move !

AndyCook said:
Sorry to see the 80-series go Bill its been a good truck
at least you are staying in the Toyota fold, what is the Hilux you are working on - its that the one you stripped down to chassis?
Aye thats the one. Its a 2001 MK4 Double Cab GX. I have had it for 6 years nearly and I love it to bits. Its been hard not having it on the road.

Graham said:
Better luck on Ebay and AT.

Possibly a tad rich for selling on the forum.
Yeah thanks mate I think its pretty reasonably priced considering the prices some people are asking for them these days. To be honest if someone came along with a sensible offer and we could come to an agreement then I would be happy to let her go for less.

geordie_boy1978 said:
It's a shame your having to sell Bill

looks like i might have to sell mine to pay for the house move !

Oh no thats terrible news Rob. No way of you keeping it and be able to move? I mean it could be the ideal tow vehicle for moving. :thumbdown: :cry:

Tell me about it. I put it on as a classified ad and will take it off if I get any more calls from exporters or chancers. I have so far been asked if I want to swap it for a £2000 BMW diesel that has 185K on the clock or if I would sell it to some blokes client and he can do a western Union or Paypal payment for the whole amount if I will allow a shipping company to come and collect it. :twisted:

Thats just in the first 5 hours!!! :roll:

The Landcruiser is now sold. :cry: I must admit I did shed a tear or 3 when I saw someone else driving her away. I know the chap and know its going to a good home. He has even promised to give me first refusal on her if he ever decided to sell her. So I may get her back someday.

I am now no longer an LC owner but rather I now own a Gen 3 Hilux Surf. I will still be around on here and will be willing to stay as part of this community if you don't mind me chipping in from time to time. I have learnt a lot from you guys and have made some great friend on here that I truly intend to keep in touch with.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the truck. :thumbup:

This is not farewell, just Au revoir :cool:

Gutted you've sold pal :handgestures-salute: :greetings-waveyellow:

Ecoman said:
made some great friend on here that I truly intend to keep in touch with.
:
I Hope so :thumbup:

Thanks guys that is very much appreciated :thumbup:

I sold my 90 to a mate in Feb 2009 and tried something else .........in Feb 2010 I was given first refusal and bought it back...........I only lasted just under 12 months... :roll:

As Chas says....it more Au revoir than Goodbye ;)

Back