Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Frankenstein 10PA 17C replaces seized 10PA 15L compressor.

I think the felt is to absorb any oil that might escape and is part of the prevention system to stop it getting on the clutch plates. I may be wrong on that as I didn’t really get involved with seal replacement on mine…seeing as it was seized.

Thanks Frank, but I do have my own lathe here you know. Not exactly a big job. Need to get a seal first. Delivery not looking as though it's going to be fast enough.

Delighted to say, I went for the full regas today and it's fine. All good. New seals holding. But I did RTV them as well as per the advice of my AC guy. Replaced all three main seals, the top seal and the shaft seal. The mating faces needed a good de-coke!

Delighted to say, I went for the full regas today and it's fine. All good. New seals holding. But I did RTV them as well as per the advice of my AC guy. Replaced all three main seals, the top seal and the shaft seal. The mating faces needed a good de-coke!
Sounds good. Did he go over it with a leak detector Chris?

He did all sorts. UV lamp, dye, pressure etc. First test held pressure so he just filled it. Soapy water was final test and no bubbles. Still holding. The seals were fubar; all crusty and stiff. So no real surprise that a seal kit fixed it. Good lads, they don't mess around with an automatic machine. It's all manual and experience.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He did all sorts. UV lamp, dye, pressure etc. First test held pressure so he just filled it. Soapy water was final test and no bubbles. Still holding. The seals were fubar; all crusty and stiff. So no real surprise that a seal kit fixed it. Good lads, they don't mess around with an automatic machine. It's all manual and experience.
That’s just what’s needed. Especially with the gas price being so rediculous.

Yes he apologised for the increase on last time. Gas has risen. Literally.

Looking at the date on my post it's nearly 3 years now. Feels like yesterday. I think at this rate I will die before my compressor.

Back