Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

freeways latitude bash plates

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
anyone seen or fitted these?
They are similar price to ASFIR, but 8mm aluminium not 6mm as ASFIR is - no idea of grade though.

one thing i found out, is there is no overlap between the front and gearbox plates - there is a 20cm gap

Have you ordered/received these yet? Would like to know if you are satisfied with them...

No - I am going for the ASFIR front one to replace my strengthened factory guard - which turns out not to be that strengthened - 4mm alu treadplate bolted to the factory one
keeping my DIY gear/transfer plate though
cant be bothered to spend time/energy fabricating my own steel one for front.

pros of asfir:
its a bit cheaper (when you factor in VAT/duty/shipping)
it is known to fit OK and known quality
I have seen pictures of it so know what to expect
it will overlap my DIY transfer/gear bash plate -( the freeways one has a 20cm gap between the front and gear/transfer plates - but they say the gap is in a location where transmission is far above the gap)

pros of freeways:
its 8mm thick vs the 6mm of asfir

however, I know someone who may be ordering a freeways one, so will let you know what its like

Well I have the ASFIR ones on LB and must say that they are strong, even ar 6mm. I have managed to dent the front plate (don't ask) and to be honest I am not sure how I could have wacked it any harder, so on that basis the 8mm freeways one seems a bit OTT.

Also I do like the fact that the ASFIR ones overlap, with the middle section going in under the front one, which means it can't hook onto anything.

Back