Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Friday afternoon - almost ruined in ways I never thought it could

So glad that ended as a cautionary tale and not a tragedy.
The emergency services are cut to the bone in most places, My Nephew is a paramedic and his pet hate is the !@#$%^&ers that call the ambulance for their crash for cash claims. 10mph parking bumps and he has to respond to a fictional severe neck injury.
They sit in the car and claim they can't feel their hands or some other crap, while accross town someone is having a heart attack.
Glad everything is well , Have a beer or seven, maybe someone will see this and fence a pond or put a net in place so its good you posted it.

Glad it turned out OK. I nearly lost my 8 year old daughter in a rip current in the Vendee. We walking in the sea gradually working our way across the beach without realizing it. We were in fact going with a current. All of a sudden my daughter was screaming and was trying to swim for the shore but going out to sea. I cant swim and was chest deep in water. I put my arm out and she just about grabbed my fingers but I was only just able to hold her. After what seemed an eternity we got out and I collapsed on the sand. Even with the water at 6 inches deep you could hardly stand because of the strength of the current which was going straight to the horizon.

There was one current coming across the beach one way and another coming the other. Where they met the water had nowhere to go and went straight out. We stood on the dunes and looked to see what was happening.

Even now after 30 years I sweat at night thinking about it and have a job getting to sleep.

Wow Crispin, I'm so glad the story has a happier ending. Very disturbing to read initially.
I'm with Pumpy though, fill it in until the 'discovery years' have passed. You can always dig out the dirt later.
Too damn close for my liking.
I hope you are feeling better soon too, there will be some shock to the system that needs to be dealt with.
Cheers
Chris

Nasty experience. Glad it turned out OK Crispin

Don't think I said so first off but glad she's ok and that it all turned out right in the end.

You did well in the situation. You may not be thinking it, but It was you that saved her life.

What an experience to haveto go through. Glad that everyone is OK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The emergency services are cut to the bone in most places, My Nephew is a paramedic and his pet hate is the !@#$%^&ers that call the ambulance for their crash for cash claims. 10mph parking bumps and he has to respond to a fictional severe neck injury.
They sit in the car and claim they can't feel their hands or some other crap, while accross town someone is having a heart attack.
Glad everything is well , Have a beer or seven, maybe someone will see this and fence a pond or put a net in place so its good you posted it.

That should be a criminal offence. :violence-pistoldou:

I do like to still think that had I said "my child has fallen into the pond and is not breathing" then they would have sent one of the rapid response guys or gals who was hopefully closer. It grates me though. It grates me that these guys and gals do such an immense job where their actions, speed and alertness can swing a situation so dramatically yet they get nailed at every angle yet the tube drivers go on strike because it's Tuesday. :icon-twisted:

Glad it turned out OK. I nearly lost my 8 year old daughter in a rip current in the Vendee. We walking in the sea gradually working our way across the beach without realizing it. We were in fact going with a current. All of a sudden my daughter was screaming and was trying to swim for the shore but going out to sea. I cant swim and was chest deep in water. I put my arm out and she just about grabbed my fingers but I was only just able to hold her. After what seemed an eternity we got out and I collapsed on the sand. Even with the water at 6 inches deep you could hardly stand because of the strength of the current which was going straight to the horizon.

There was one current coming across the beach one way and another coming the other. Where they met the water had nowhere to go and went straight out. We stood on the dunes and looked to see what was happening.

Even now after 30 years I sweat at night thinking about it and have a job getting to sleep.

Scary story Frank!

Back