Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

From 3 inch to 2 inch

931hz

Country Flag
australia
What's involved in lowering lowering? Am I better off replacing the sagged 3 inch with 3 inch suspension?

I was thinking of lowering it an inch but would I have to change all the panhard rods and sway bars and cambers?

No need to change anything except springs and maybe shock absorbers.

Shock absorbers need to be working within their range of movement, meaning not bottoming out or topping out on full droop.

If you have castor adjustment (plates or off-center bushings) then these will probably not be needed at 2".

3" is borderline for castor adjustment and 4" upward is almost certainly needed.

The panhard's are a "suck it and see" situation. I went from standard (sagged) height to new +4" and I haven't changed the panhards. Others have complained of the axles shifting sideways up to an inch, so then it may be necessary to change them (lengthen them). What does seem to be the case is that adjustable panhards are pretty much a waste of money because you want them at the right length, not necessarily adjustable. Once the right length, that's it, fixed.

Last edited:
Alrighty thanks for the feedback, I think I'll replace Springs n shock with 3 inch raw nitromax..

Only problem is ya run the risk of defects unless it's engineered which can be upwards of 1500. Good to know it won't take much to lower though.

Back