Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fueling adjustment

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
I want to reduce the fueling very slightlly on my 80 (1hdt), and cant remember which way to turn the screw on the pump to reduce.

can anyone advise please as I want to reduce the EGT a bit on hard slogs

I altered it a few years ago when the intercooler was fitted & realise that its only a very small amount of turning of the screw needed, and to save to much trial & error thought I would ask which way to turn!!

ta
andy

Hi andy.

Turn it out for less fuel, ie anti clockwise.

Karl

Fueling issues mike?

Just remind me. Every truck i have i usually have fueling probs :(

The 100 at the min smokes like crazy and cuts out sometimes.Having injectors sorted and pump reconed at some point As i will the 80.

My veggie mux 80 was the main problem, As the name states though i run on used cooking oil so it doesnt help the fuel situation.

This new green truck i have hasnt been on the road long TBH. So pump is ok still at the min :thumbup: Going to have a tweek with it for the weekend :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here ya go,

The one just to the lower right of the one that says OUT

DieselPump006.jpg

karl webster said:
Hi andy. Turn it out for less fuel, ie anti clockwise. Karl
But, how far should it be turned, and what are the dangers of overdoing it? :confusion-confused:

1/16th at a time & try it up the road after each adjustment, when it goes flat you've gone a tad to far.

joinerman said:
1/16th at a time & try it up the road after each adjustment, when it goes flat you've gone a tad to far.
Thanks J, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Chas i have turned the screw full turns at a time.

I have dont this over and over.

What i would do is take a measure of where exactly the nut is so you can put it back to whaere it was.

Overfueling will chuck black smoke out :thumbup:

karl webster said:
Chas i have turned the screw full turns at a time. I have dont this over and over. What i would do is take a measure of where exactly the nut is so you can put it back to whaere it was. Overfueling will chuck black smoke out :thumbup:
I didn't get to try it today, it's been peeing down most of the time, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Full turns, the previous suggestion was 1/16 of a turn, that's a massive difference, and mine does chuck out black smoke but only on heavy acceleration, normal driving is OK and on starting (cold or hot) even when the throttle is not pressed, just one big puff then it clears, or is that normal, it never used to do that.

My opinion with the smoke is usually the 4.2 diesel will puff on hard right foot.

Yours prob has been turned up before.

I just find it hard to turn small amounts as i get excited for more power :D

All i am saying is when i play with the fuel i always have a standard fuel screw so it really doesnt matter what i do.

If you make a not or mark it where it is then turn away. As long as you know where you have to go back to.

You make turn it quarter turn and it be really bad smoke.

Chris may pop up with the injector side of things :think:

Have you turned the boost part up as well and took top of the pump off and moves the black plate thingy.

karl

Does this just limit the max fuel flow (presumably at 100% right foot) or does it have an effect across the board? I've done the black disk, toothed wheel, and plunger mods and still cant produce any smoke whatsoever...

Hi martin

Have you also turned the pump up?

If so, You may be able to go a little more. Thats if you want to.

If it isnt smoking then surely that is good.

If it was mine i would tweak it more. My truck doesnt have to be my everyday drive like others though. So my views may be a little different to other peoples :D

Karl

Back