Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FZJ 80... Ryan, Chas, Gary820, Red Okt.

does these petrol 80s have a normal coil re old fasioned or are they the more modern coil pack afair? are they ecu controled or a manul pump? does the auto box have an ecu?
got a thought for a project and this could sway me away from a petrol one.
stu

Last edited:
does these petrol 80s have a normal coil re old fasioned or are they the more modern coil pack afair? are they ecu controled or a manul pump? does the auto box have an ecu?
got a thought for a project and this could sway me away from a petrol one.
stu

Hey Stumog,
The FZJ80 ('95 - '97) had a Normal coil, the 1FZ-FE motor eventually went to coil packs in the 105 series. ECU controlled, very reliable and not known to fail or be a weak point. Yes auto box has an ECU also, and again not known to fail or be a weak point.

What do you have in mind?

Ryan

.....the 1FZ-FE motor eventually went to coil packs in the 105 series. ECU controlled, very reliable and not known to fail or be a weak point. Yes auto box has an ECU also, and again not known to fail or be a weak point.

Ryan
Handy to know, given our FZJ105 Auto down under.

Last edited:
thinking of a petrol 80 auto with a fabricated body or a hi lux cab. but if it has a ecu auto box need to have a think about water ingres. do the earlier ones have mecanical gearbox and fuel pump?
i might have sold my defender so have some space and cash to build something silly.
stu

Cool Stu i wish i had the skills to do that but i wouldn't know where to start , an FJ40 pickup on an 80 would be my choice .

Back