Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Getting fuel...

Rob

Garage
Does it frustrate you when the guy behind the counter says the amount you got to pay up very slowly in a way that he clearly disapproves of someone spending that much on fuel. one hun dred and twenty se ven pounds and six ty se ven pence please. Normally I would not have given it much thought until he said it in such a way that it really hurt taking out my card to pay for it. And why are there no angry smiles on tapatalk! Rant over.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

You need to fill up at 'Pay at Pump'. You stick your card in, fill and forget - you don't even need to look at the total plus its quicker and no one gloats :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have only done it once in the UK and it was a few years ago but you should see the look when you fill an 80 with a long range tank. Pump cut out at £100, I went in and paid, another £100, went in and paid and the 3rd time it stopped at £60 ish.

I tried telling the cashier that there was clearly something wrong with the pump but they went into great detail into how often the pumps were checked and tested.

Annoyingly a week later I bought the same amount of fuel in Libya for about £10!

Ian

Last year I nearly got into a fight while filling up with LPG because someone "objected" to me getting my fuel "on the cheap" (his words, not mine). The Average Joe in this country is getting ripped off beyond reason and from all quarters but until WE get off our knees and do something, anything about it, the status quo WILL remain.

Like it's said on the streets. "Don't blame the player, blame the game".

The Other John

AKA: The Dark Dude

:evil:

Only £127 Rob? Just as well it wasn't completely empty then :lol:

It's crackers isn't it. Mine got clobbered doing the Lincomb run this time pulling the trailer full of tyres. I'm nearly on empty with less than 250 clocked.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ian Rubie said:
Annoyingly a week later I bought the same amount of fuel in Libya for about £10!

Ian

This kind of reminds me of something Chris Rock once said about Burger King. Now if the people rose and nationalised Burger King, the first thing the people would expect would be a cheap Burgers and fries. Yet, we went to war in Iraq (and Libya) and I still don't see no cheap four star in the UK.

The Other John

AKA: The Dark Dude

should have done your shopping at Sainsburys and got 10ppl off your fuel ;)

Tesco had a special on, buy two packs of 9 toilet rolls and you got 50 of per litre.

While the connection is obvious, I wonder what the marketing dept were thinking...

I've had a woman follow me into the kiosk and give me a nice rant while paying because I took so long to fill my tank. Urm...

Sent from TapaTalk

Crispin said:
I've had a woman follow me into the kiosk and give me a nice rant while paying because I took so long to fill my tank. Urm...
This has happened to me before! We all know that we have cars that drink more than their fair share of fuel but there is no need for strangers to rub it in!

You should try hauling out a pile of jerry cans next time :D

I'm so glad I go to the biodiesel place near me, it costs a lot less and the guy pumps it for me while I play fetch with their dog.

Rob said:
Crispin said:
This has happened to me before! We all know that we have cars that drink more than their fair share of fuel but there is no need for strangers to rub it in!

I was just stunned she thought it would be worth it to get out her car, follow me into the kiosk (while talking quite loudly / shouting at me) and then continue her diatribe. Was mildly amusing. (I did make her shut up though as she got annoying, like a small dog...)

it's very simple - when pulling up at a petrol station, always stand behind the smallest car, not something like looks like it has a large fuel tank... :doh:

Nick Shepherd said:
You should try hauling out a pile of jerry cans next time :D

That would have tipped her over the edge :dance:

Back