Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got It!

Hey Ben, been meaning to ask. Have you checked the regs for a modified vehicle?

I have just been checking for mine and to get in under the regs i can only increase my tyre size to the 285's and fit a 2" lift. I may have to self certify the mods to the rego people and any more than that and i will have to get it "engineered" which is quite a process involving inspections and re-plating. On mine i would also have to go for actual performance tests involving things lie the "elk" test on a closed circuit.
Just thought you should know in case it will give you issues.

I managed just 12/25 :thumbdown:

I got the same as you Chas. :doh:

Should I feel smug that I got 19/25? Had a couple where I went 50/50 on my choice, and got the wrong one...

I have just been checking for mine and to get in under the regs i can only increase my tyre size to the 285's and fit a 2" lift. I may have to self certify the mods to the rego people and any more than that and i will have to get it "engineered" which is quite a process involving inspections and re-plating. On mine i would also have to go for actual performance tests involving things lie the "elk" test on a closed circuit.

I know that in the thread that he started on the new 70 Series DC ute that we discussed the need to get it Ginger Beered, so I'm pretty sure he's on top of it.

love the look on the face on the kid at the back ...
:?
:think:
:shock:
crap
Well done Ben :thumbup: Im pleased for you m8 :icon-biggrin: Going to miss our trips together though, we've had some great fun and laughs :icon-biggrin: :lol:

Graham may be bang on :think:

This was probably just your truck getting ready to spend the rest of its life up-side down :icon-biggrin: :lol: :icon-wink:

IMG_2880.jpg

That kid in the back is Ben, looking at his own truck:icon-wink:

Thanks Paul. :icon-smile:

I have looked into it and theres no way I will be able to register it with 37" tyres, so i may need to try and borrow some standard wheels/tyres when i take it for inspection. :icon-wink:

I started a thread on the 4WD Action forum to try and work out what mods would be ok and what wouldnt.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135068

As im going to buy a car as soon as I get there, I wont be in any mad rush to get my truck on the road the second the ship lands. So if it takes me a few months to get it registered then so be it. :icon-cool:

Only 25 working days left now, then I want to take a month off to sort everything out. :icon-biggrin:

love the look on the face on the kid at the back ...
:?
:think:
:shock:
crap

That would be me. :oops:

I was probably thinking shit......................................

Look at the state of that waxoiling, I made a terrible job of that. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Didn't some body say "Blonde's have more fun" ?

Gra/

I have a set of 6 stud 16" wheels and tyres spare if you need to borrow them, dont know if they will fit though

Many thanks Paul, might well take you up on that offer. :thumbup:

80 wheels fit, had them on before. :icon-wink:

Ive got the standard 15" wheels from my KZJ70 with 31x10.5 ATs on if you need to borrow them?

Thanks Dave, might be a bit expensive to return them to you though. :think:

Just a sudden thought Ben; some of the freight companies don't like the car being full of stuff (annoyingly, as I'd have put my kayak in the car if I was shipping one over)

Thanks ED. Something else I will have to check with them. :icon-wink:

Things have been a little up and down at the minute with me regarding whether to use a container or RORO and a large crate. :think:

The issue I've been having with the container is that it arrives at my house on the back of a lorry, and the container stays on the lorry.

I have 3 hours to load the container, and some how need to get the truck into the container which is 4ft in the air. :think:

Think me and my mate have come up with a nice cheap solution. Going to give it a try in a few weeks to make sure the ramp were building will safely take the weight of the truck. :icon-cool:

Main problem I'm having is there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. :doh:

This is who did the UK side of our stuff coming back from Aus: http://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/

Australian side we used these guys: http://www.kentmoving.com/ Think it was $1500 door to door for 4.5 m3 of stuff, including insurance and they packed and unpacked it, picked it up from 2hrs North of Sydney and delivered it to Shropshire a couple of months later.

Kent used White on this side for us; basically it got picked up in May and arrived here in September-ish.

Check what dates the boats sail! If we used one company we would have had it to them by the 8th of the month as their boat space was something like the 15th, otherwise it was another 6 weeks until the next boat.

Last edited:
Thanks Ed. :thumbup:

Handed in my resignation at work today! :icon-cool:

Only 19 working days left. :dance:

Just finalising my shipping arrangements.

Looking at £2000 for a 20ft container from my house to Melbourne. :think:

Crikey!!! Its all getting a bit real eh Ben :icon-cool: Do you have an actual date when you will be leaving?? Not that I'm trying to get rid of you!!! :lol:

Yes getting very real now Gav. :icon-cool:

I'm incredibly excited but also a bit worried/scared. :?

I'm looking at the last weekend in January, but depending on flight prices it may be a few days before or after that weekend. :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Ed. :thumbup:

Handed in my resignation at work today! :icon-cool:

Only 19 working days left. :dance:

Just finalising my shipping arrangements.

Looking at £2000 for a 20ft container from my house to Melbourne. :think:

That's a good price for the shipping

Good Luck!

Thanks Ed. Im hoping to get it cheaper yet! :icon-biggrin:

The different companies keep trying to undercut each other to get the work! :dance:

Finally got my vehicle import application sent off today! :icon-cool:

Back