Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

This tread has stired things up.I would just like to say that at no point on the trip did anyone go off the route and im sure if any had they would have been put back on the straight and narrow straight away.we were not out to offend anyone just have a good trip away.obviously everyone will have their own opinion as to wether the extreme lane should be used but i think chris has explained that one quite well.I think john was right about the group size which was disscussed but on most of the lanes it parted into two groups with the first finishing the lane a good 10 mins before the second.Im sure we will all learn from this trip and at the end of it we had a good safe legal trip

Gotta say I second bens idea of a green lane section for members only that have been active in the forum.

I think it's important for this forum to be for the members. This thread and others show that we are a responsible club that don't advocate illegal laning, off piste driving or being reckless. However I don't think it would be fair to us to have to censor threads of our outings in fear of anti's using it against us when we have not done anything wrong.

So how about that members section?

Ryan Thomson said:
Gotta say I second bens idea of a green lane section for members only that have been active in the forum.

cough cough Rob's cough idea :whistle:

Cough Greenlaning trips

I _think_ only people with a post count of 50 can see it, still need to test it a bit. My test user cannot see it at all so "public" and new users cannot see it.
If you cannot see it, give me a shout.

I can see it Crispin :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
I can see it Crispin :thumbup:
I cam also see it without being logged in, :think: but can't reply to a post, I have to log in to do that.

Ryan Thomson said:

I think it's important for this forum to be for the members. This thread and others show that we are a responsible club that don't advocate illegal laning, off piste driving or being reckless. However I don't think it would be fair to us to have to censor threads of our outings in fear of anti's using it against us when we have not done anything wrong.

So how about that members section?

I think what is talked about is a good idea.I personally wont be putting any pics up when on muddy ground again.

People are saying about the antis getting hold of the pics and using it against us. We wouldnt have a chance when are own forum members who actually know us are questioning us.

At no point was any of my driving off any track and my eyes saw nobody else off track. Anyone who wants to argue the issues or accuse then feel free to get intouch.

I agree that people can use the photos against us,but if anyone came to me with the photos i would be quite happy to go to the lanes we did and let them see for themselves.

I agree that the group was large.It was talked about before we got to the first lane on the cbs and somebody said that 10 was the max allowed in one group.As be mentioned we met little traffic and nothing on the lanes.Most of the time there were massive gaps between us anyway as few up in front, Then roof tent with a spotter behind etc etc.

I understand all the issues before and i also understand how some of the pics look,I dont like being part of the accused when we did nothing wrong.

Sorry for the rant.

Wont post again on here.

Think this thread is better off being sent to the bin now and lost.

Thanks karl

karl webster said:
I agree that people can use the photos against us,but if anyone came to me with the photos i would be quite happy to go to the lanes we did and let them see for themselves.
That's not how it works Karl, the pictures turn up at a RoW meeting in the hands of an anti telling their own story about the nasty 'off roaders' and the damage is done, they won't be asking you for your version, they're not interested, don't think you're dealing with reasonable people who want to do things in a fair and even handed manner.

Fair point jon. I understand that no one here is necessarily against us and i'm sure the others do too. All the more reason for this to be in a members only area and not let those who are opposed to what we do use our own posts against us.

Ryan Thomson said:

I think it's important for this forum to be for the members.
I think you have a misconception here about active members.
If I remembe rightly, it was Chas who was first to mention about the lane.
Nobody could accuse Chas of not being an active member, so now where does your "Active members forum lead to" ?

Maybe thats not what you mean, and I have wronge idea, sorry.
Ryan has 322 posts
Ben has 391 posts
Chas has 4456 posts.

G.

Graham said:
Ryan Thomson said:

I think it's important for this forum to be for the members.
I think you have a misconception here about active members.
If I remembe rightly, it was Chas who was first to mention about the lane.
Nobody could accuse Chas of not being an active member, so now where does your "Active members forum lead to" ?

Maybe thats not what you mean, and I have wronge idea, sorry.
Ryan has 322 posts
Ben has 391 posts
Chas has 4456 posts.

G.

i think you have misunderstood the idea Graham.

Chas expressed his views on what the pics looked like, and how anti's could view some of the pics and how they could be used against us.

the idea of a members only green lane section for members with a minimum amount of posts, is so that the pics and posts remain hidden from the general public and the anti's who may be browsing 4x4 forums looking for pics to use against us.

Chas has more posts than some of us, but the idea is not to prevent him or other active members from seeing the pics and reading the posts, as he is not an anti and isnt trying to get the lanes closed, etc. :thumbup:

i think it would be a shame if this thread got deleted at Karl suggested. :)

Graham,

When I said active I meant members that have participated in the forum. Hence the minimum post requirement. The idea is not to stop any members from seeing the section but to stop people from registering for the purpose of looking for ammo to have lanes shut down.

It's not going to be hard for a new member to clock up the required post count. Introducing yourself and participating in a few topics and you are there. But it would make it a little harder for an anti registering.

Chas has been a member of this forum for far longer than ben or myself and is also a helluva lot more active than me. So in no way has anything I have said been directed at him or any other members. I think we all have our passions best interest at heart. Chas had a very valid point in raising his concern over the pics posted and the potential for them to be portrayed in the wrong light. I think it is great that he was prepared to play devils advocate on this. If he hadn't then the members section idea may not have come up and we may inadvertently helped having lanes closed.

Thank you for those few kind words Ryan :p I was beginning to wish I'd never brought this topic up. :doh: I will freely admit though, most of my large number of posts have been in the jokes or word association threads :oops: but I do try to help out in other areas :thumbup:

Hi Ben, Hi Ryan, Hi Chas,

Good idea not to delete the thread as Karl suggested.
I also think it a good idea to move all the UK green lane threads, into the new one.
The Ex UK ones, eg, Morocco and SA, should be as they are.

I think some times there is an unfortunate choice of words, and the words often put a slightly different twist to the intended meaning.
I also choose my words wrong on a regular basis. :roll:

May be we should all just let Chris do our writing. :thumbup:
I really like his posts, informative, and mostly with a twist of fun. :D

Graham

I was beginning to think that you forgot to film Dave taking his 80 for a stroll up the hill. Great video :cool:

thats a great video! :thumbup:

Daves 80 walked straight up that hill and made it look very easy. :cool:

shows what an 80 will do with 3 working diff locks, decent tyres and a decent driver behind the wheel. :thumbup:

Back