Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Well The 80 should have another box in it by the end of next week hopefully.

Thinking a weekend lanning has got to be organised as having withdrawal symptoms.

Anyone Fancy it sometime in the next month?

Karl

Re: Green lanning

All depends when and where and how much derv I have in the tank, but I'd fancy it.

Chris

Me too, but after I get back from the pyrenees.

Chris, Just fill the tank mate :thumbup:

Rob,what date do you get back so i can look at dates.

Any ideas where to go? Ben said about the lanes around shropshire. Quite fancy those one day then the following day maybe wales??

Karl

I get back on the 5th June.

had a great day laning around shropshire today. :dance:

found an amazing new lane that doesnt look like its been driven for years. took us a good few hours to get down it, as there were a lot of fallen trees to cut and move out of the way.
got half way down and realised why maybe people had stopped driving it.
one side was badly washed out and was a good 3or 4ft lower than the other side, with a very steep big drop off all the way down.

so we filled the lower section of the track with logs and branches and managed to slowly creep are way down. was very tight and challenging.

plan is to drive it the other way next time, as this will be more challenging going up hill. winches will be essential. :twisted:

im happy to lead a days laning around shropshire, and it wouldnt have to include this new lane, as it is very challenging. all the other lanes are very good, im sure Gav and Keith will agree. :thumbup:

im also very much up for doing some laning else where in the country. i havnt done much in north wales or the lakes.

i go laning every fortnight. :)

Karl need a new wing mirror off you aswell, after a slight disagreement with a tree today which ripped it clean off. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Was hopping you would offer mate.

Maybe Sat around shropshire then rough camp somewhere then north wales on the sun?

Mirror shouldnt be a prob.

Dont tell keith were going lanning,Dont fancy babysitting him for the weekend :lol:

karl

I'd be keen to tag along on a laning weekend. :thumbup:
Based on your previous escapades it it will no doubt make for a pretty eventful weekend... ;)

Ryan what are you saying????

Its not like people get taken to hospital and end up staying there with broken legs. :lol:

or people being left to die as there trucks broken down yet again :lol:

Your right though, Its always fun with us boys :liar:

Karl

sounds good mate. i will try and think of a suitable camp spot. :thumbup:

i will also try and work a route out. need to know what sort of lanes to include, and which ones not to? i guess this will depend on who is coming and how shiny there truck is and how much theyd like to keep it that way. :lol:

MMMMMMMMM

Well my truck is batterd so me wants as rough as poss :D

Like you said see whos up for it first.

Mr Chris and the silver beast is clean, so is ryans. :(

May have to do a trip for everyone, then a (damage not a problem trip)

Karl

Well I have a roof tent so that needs to be taken into account. Branches pose no problem for me, its the trees on the bottom of side slopes that cause issues.

Also if you go every fortnight then I cant make your next outing as im only back on the 5th...

Its not that clean Karl, it has its fair share of dents and scratches!

Without trying to be contraversial (sp), I wouldn't have liked to drag a roof tent through some of the lanes we did with Ben before Lincomb...

Wheres your sense of adventure gav???

Is your name down to gav? :think:

I'll be there dude - bit o' tlc for El Mux after the passports been stamped en Espanyol first though... No lacking of adventure here buddy - shall I bring the chainsaw or will you??? :D

You bring saw mate. I aint got one that works, Now why doesnt that supprise you :whistle:

Gav Peter said:
Without trying to be contraversial (sp), I wouldn't have liked to drag a roof tent through some of the lanes we did with Ben before Lincomb...

that could possibly be the 1 draw back with a lot of the shropshire lanes, roof tents! :doh:

most of the lanes do have a lot of over hanging branches. but saying that, no worse than some of the wooded sections at lincomb that i know some of the trucks with roof tents drove. :think:

im sure the route could be planned accordingly to miss out lanes with lots of over hanging branches, although this would certainly mean missing out some of the best shropshire lanes, but not all of them. :thumbup:

i certainly think a lot of the big welsh green lanes like strata florida, happy valley, wayfarer, pheasant pen steps etc. are a lot more roof tent friendly! :)

Back