Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

Re: Green lanning

I have a really heavy duty tarp to use for a cover for the tents and also have a hgv curtain side er sheet?

When are you looking to plan this for then chaps - could be the start of July before I can make it out for a play :(

Obviously rob wont be back untill u are mate so maybe the week after? Ill be going before july Though mate. :thumbup:

Reckon I'd be interested in tagging along for these lanes if there is still space.... :?:

I fancy having a go at some of the more challenging lanes :thumbup:

i'd quite like a bimble round some lanes in the herts area if anyone wants to show me some easy routes? see what its all about :D

karl webster said:
Mr Chris and the silver beast is clean, so is ryans. :(
I don't mind a bit of pinstriping, If it's a really good lane then the odd bit of trail rash is ok too, besides...
karl webster said:
MMMMMMMMM

Well my truck is batterd so me wants as rough as poss :D ...

... then a (damage not a problem trip)

Karl
...sounds like you just volunteered to be test pilot for the other 80’s :obscene-birdiedoublegreen:

ben said:
plan is to drive it the other way next time, as this will be more challenging going up hill. winches will be essential. :twisted:

I'm game for some challenging lanes, but don't have a winch. So as long as somebody's happy to give me a tug if needed... I’m game for anything really... :twisted:
karl webster said:
Ryan what are you saying????

Its not like people get taken to hospital and end up staying there with broken legs. :lol:

or people being left to die as there trucks broken down yet again :lol:

Your right though, Its always fun with us boys :liar:

Karl
With you and Gav together this sounds like it has all the makings of what could be a legendary weekend... :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

how about if the saturday's laning was around shropshire and heading north towards welshpool, could be the extreme, challenging day, and then on the sunday more people could come and could be a slightly gentler day on some of the welsh green lanes, that should be more roof tent friendly?

i know the wayfarer is now open again, after what must be a few years. and im still yet to drive corwen car wash. i wonder if phesant pen steps is still TRO'd?

i defiantly want to go up to the lakes some time. especially after seeing all the pics from one of my old suzuki mates recent trip. :thumbup:

http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index. ... ite_review

When you say "extreme" does that mean a winch is compulsory or just that damage is likely?

Winch? Whats a winch?

Im up for whatever. We can do the lakes in a couple of months ben if you want. Give me time to get my 80 seviced etc etc.

Lorin, Welcome to join the group mate :thumbup:

Well like I said, I don't have a winch but am up for anything. The more challenging the better... ;)

Ryan Thomson said:
When you say "extreme" does that mean a winch is compulsory or just that damage is likely?

no a winch isnt compulsory, but damage is possible. i think in a decent truck with decent tyres, and a snorkel, you would be fine, but theres a good chance the trucks would get scratched, as a lot of the lanes are very tight and over grown, and with all the over hanging branches im not sure how well a roof tent would fair. :)

karl webster said:
Winch? Whats a winch?

Im up for whatever. We can do the lakes in a couple of months ben if you want. Give me time to get my 80 seviced etc etc.

Lorin, Welcome to join the group mate :thumbup:

yeah lakes in a few months sounds good mate. :thumbup:

I havnt got a snorkel at the min mate. Ill get on the case ;)

Ben regarding the roof tent, if there are only branches that are in the way I can brush past. I can get the larger ones out the way with a hatchet. I had no problem at Lincomb apart from the tree on the inside corner at the top of the tennis ball challenge (I think it was the one that Gav got intimate with). Its always the sides that you have to be careful of so I am willing to try the more adventurous day. If I cant move forwards I can always remove it and put it inside the truck rather than backing out of a lane..

Karl that HGV curtain could be useful for the really thick bushes ;)

So yeah I'm game for both days especially the winching lane :thumbup:

Thats the spirit rob :thumbup:

I will bring the curtain as they are really strong. We can always watch the people who need watching. Move and hold branches etc etc, Thats what its all about :thumbup:

If we got jonnie down chapel-gate in derbyshire, i think we can get anyone anywhere :mrgreen:

I'm definitely up for both days, especially the challenging one :twisted:

I should have a snorkel by then.

Where are we going to camp?

Amped :!:

Usually ryan we just rough camp anywhere we can. As long as we leave the area how we find it,theres no prob.

Me is thinking its going to be fun :D

Karl do you think its wise not to bring down a spare cruiser and a trailer? :mrgreen:

Pxxs Off!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont worry mate, I have got three cruisers and three car transporters ready just incase.

Got my sat phone as well now :thumbup:

I am :pray: That for once in my cruiser life i will make it home. Actually i did make it back once in the 100 :thumbup:

Karl

sounds good Rob. you will probably be fine on most of the lanes, there might just be a couple where we have to stop from time to time, and possibly trim a few branches out of the way, but thats not a problem.

like you said you had no problem at Lincomb, and neither did Jim in his 78. :thumbup:

regarding the rough camping,im definitely up for that, but if we cant find anywhere there are plenty of proper camp sites around some of which are very hospitable to 4x4 groups and will allow open fires.

im on a trip with a load of my mates in the frontera club on the weekend of the 18th/19th of june and were staying on a camp site just outside Welshpool. the campsite is about £5 a night IIRC.

so who have we got so far?

Karl
Ben
Gav
Rob
Ryan
Lorin

anymore?

need to sort a date out aswell. :thumbup:

Back