Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

i paid him £150 i can't remember how many months ago for a part that could be sent in an envelope and i'm still waiting .

Just looked at the digital tuning post it was july i paid for it . I also googled his name other forums mention with similar problems , ebay feedback is not to healthy either .

who???

Guys, I'm with you on all of this, but as I have said before, I cannot possibly relate all of the conversations that I have been having with the supplier. Clearly I am more connected with them than you, so I can see the whole picture. I'd ask you not to give up just yet. When I raise the flag then that's the signal that it's really a dead duck, OK? I have heard back from them today and it's actually encouraging.

In terms of a disaster plan, the contract I suppose is with me. I paid the money over and we have proof of that in a lump sum. So I guess I'd have to recover that and pay you all back individually.

Beyond a joke, ridiculous, taking the proverbial, I know I know. All of that stuff, yes, but just stick with me for bit longer. This has gone so far off plan that anything I say is going to sound like BS but I really want to make this happen. I don't like being beaten. I have to remain positive. For all of us.

Last edited:
Possibly Gav but on hearing the excuses Chris has been offered it does seem too much of a coincidence that i have been offered the same . For that reason and out of respect for Chris who , if i'm right really has been let down more than any of you , i will not name anybody .

Regardless of this i would say to you guys waiting for the decks to give it a little longer , the threads turned ugly giving Chris something to throw at the seller . Up until now Chris has taken all the flak while at the same time acting as a solitary voice trying to get results . Armed with the recent comments he is now in a position to set down an ultimatum which might produce results .

Thanks Shayne. Appreciate the support. I've not really taken flak, all I ask is that if we post, it's constructive. I get the fact that people are p'd off with waiting having spent money. We can say that on the hour every hour, but it doesn't actually make any difference to anything. As soon as I get any intel, I put it up. Silence on the thread doesn't mean there is nothing happening, it means there is nothing to tell you either way.

Not sure this is your guy though. He makes boxes and drawers etc for Landrovers. Not sure what a digital tuing post is, but it's not the sort of thing he sells. I don't reckon.

Guys, I'm with you on all of this, but as I have said before, I cannot possibly relate all of the conversations that I have been having with the supplier. Clearly I am more connected with them than you, so I can see the whole picture. I'd ask you not to give up just yet. When I raise the flag then that's the signal that it's really a dead duck, OK? I have heard back from them today and it's actually encouraging.

In terms of a disaster plan, the contract I suppose is with me. I paid the money over and we have proof of that in a lump sum. So I guess I'd have to recover that and pay you all back individually.

Beyond a joke, ridiculous, taking the proverbial, I know I know. All of that stuff, yes, but just stick with me for bit longer. This has gone so far off plan that anything I say is going to sound like BS but I really want to make this happen. I don't like being beaten. I have to remain positive. For all of us.

Its not your fault Chris, so please don,t feel like everyone is getting cross. It'll come when it comes.

What happened to the old 'stiff upper lip' people?

It's not as if anyones future financial security is compromised .....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Yogi. But I have to say if the positions were reversed, I'd be really hacked off too. Seriously. It's been months.

The flat ones at least should have gone out. It's a plate with some holes in. Powder coated. Come on.

But it's not as simple as that. It never is.

Going to make nice Christmas presents though ....

You've got my support Chris. You're the man in the driver's seat so happy to be guided by you on this.

Gary, I was careful not to say which Christmas.

Cheers Reinhard. I am not going to let this go on forever. I need to move on too at some point. I just figure that it's far better to support the chap making these in his time of need rather than pull the plug. There's no doubt he's had a terrible year and he's due some credit for not just packing up and pulling the plug from his end. I'll let you all know the results of my next update with him.

I was gonna start working on my excuse to go out in the garage on Xmas morning :lol:

There's no doubt he's had a terrible year and he's due some credit for not just packing up and pulling the plug from his end. I'll let you all know the results of my next update with him.

Enough, enough, you'll have us in tears soon Chris. I do appreciate the work you've put into this, I still want my deck but I'd like to know who we're buying from so I never deal with him again.

Guys, just before anyone asks if there is any news. No there isn't. I had a very long conversation with the maker a couple of weeks ago, who agreed there was a need to get things moving. They PROMISED to get the plain decks out the next week. As you will know, unless by some f****g miracle you actually got one, nothing happened. I have trired to contact them again this week and there is just radio silence. I have no intention of giving up on this and I can only apologise for the complete travesty that this has descended into. I do think there is now probably more chance of getting our money back than there is of ever seeing one of these decks frankly.

Sure the guy has really had a run of incredibly bad luck. You couldn't make it up. Well actually you'd pretty much have to, to be this unlucky, but as he agrees it's no excuse. I don't have money to throw away and I know you guys certainly don't either. And, the over riding fact is, I really want the decks.
Just rest assured that I am doing all I can to get something moving here. But as my last mail went unanswered I am fearing the worst I have to say.

It's not over til it's over.

Bear with ......

Thanks for the update Chris; I'd still prefer a refund rather than the decks but will leave that with you for now.

If we knew what the coating is, this is something that I can ressurect at a later date but I'm not sure about doing the cubbies or at what price...

Anyhoo, maybe he'll turn over a new leaf for the new year

Understood Gav, dunno what the coating is, but it's something to do with marine applications.

Thanks for the update Chris; I'd still prefer a deck rather than the refund.

Thanks for the update Chris. I can only guess at how stressful all this must be!

Guys. STOP PRESS.

Just been rung as promised today. They are on with packaging and final fit n finish on these long awaited plates. I can't say more than that other than they were utterly apologetic and have promised me that this time they are going to leave the launch pad.

Message ends.

Guys. STOP PRESS.

Just been rung as promised today. They are on with packaging and final fit n finish on these long awaited plates. I can't say more than that other than they were utterly apologetic and have promised me that this time they are going to leave the launch pad.

Message ends.

:dance: Fantastic, I had almost given up hope. :dance: Many thanks Chris for your perseverance.

Back