Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!)
3. Chas, one, with cubby boxes
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box
6. Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7.karl, maybe 2depending on design etc. Sub £100
8.Richard.sub £100
9. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)

Looking good. I know some people may in the end decide not to, but if we can get sufficient interest so that the prices drops, more people may actually join in!

Keep 'em coming.

Chris

I am interested in this for my 60 series, the 80 series has the same part. The inner lower door panel is identical. So it opens up further options for this product. Unfortunately at the moment I have a other expenditure to cover on my 60.. When is the latest date for ordering one of these?

You can't actually order them at all so far, if you back read the thread. We will only be ordering once we get enough 'definites' to get the price we want. It's like e-buyer. If we hit 20 by midnight, then we'll be ordering. If we don't make the numbers by the end of the month we won't be ordering at all.

Aha, I read the whole thread before posting! I always make a point of doing that.. Sorry I wount ask again..

Truth is Iwan, I simply can't say. That's the reality. I'll be honest, if they had been £70 each off the shelf, I'd have just bought one and said nowt. We really need to hit that firm 15 I think.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does this individual have any other interesting 80 series related kit? Don't want to derail the thread, just curious

Oh yes. They do. He does a steering guard. A full length transmission guard. Twin rear drawers. Fridge slider and in the pipeline, I think he has a centre armrest replacement cubby box and these rear decks. That's all that I know of. As I said, his market is Landies and these are things he's dabbled with in the past. They aren't off the shelf. Simply because of numbers I guess. If it wasn't for me pestering him, he wouldn't be considering a run of these. I guess Landies are just the easy hit. Bolt on bits. I have said that we would be interested in cargo barrier systems, roof storage boxes and so on. The real work in in making the prototypes and getting them drawn up.

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!)
3. Chas, one, with cubby boxes
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box
6. Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2depending on design etc. Sub £100
8. Richard.sub £100
9. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
10. Indigo Spirit

I will have the one, preferably sub £100, but if it's close to that I'll have it anyway. Chris you said in the first post "1 on its own would be £192 inc vat in textured black plus £10 p+p" What exactly is the 'Textured' finish? The reason I ask is at the moment I have a piece of smooth ally which is very easy to keep clean if you get my drift. :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Well it's textured, but not like Artex. Textured is perhaps the wrong description Chas to be fair, so a good question. It's not as textured as what is known as a 'crackle' finish, but similar. It hides any small imperfections and means that it doesn't gleam like polished Obsidian. It's easy clean.

I have on of the fridge sliders. I shall go and take a picture of it. The latest coating is more matt though than silk and very very tough. I understand it is some sort of epoxy. It's not simply clinging to the metal it truly stuck to it. No chance of it peeling off. But they do a wide viaraiety of finishes I think, so we can specify that. A mahogany bar top finish might be nice

I did wonder why its being coated if its stainless or aluminium; s'pose its just to offer a bit of non-slipness is it?

Gav i madfe mine from ALLY and the first sunny day i opened the tail gate to do anything i was blinded by the sunlight reflecting off the shiny metal. Trust me its terrible i ended up putting a rubber mat onto of it.
stu

Just 5 more to go! Not bad considering it's only the second day.

Just had a word with the manufacturer about the coating. It is very fine and completely wipeable. No where for chunks of Pot Noodle to lodge. Just speaking to him about the coating process etc and they do alloy wheels in this too. It's very tough. The real surprise was that they have a customer with an 80 who's taking the chassis to be blasted and coated with this stuff. Man I want that. The coating is very expensive, but as Stu says, necessary. It's actually anti fouling material for luxury boats or something clever.

If we can get the numbers up for genuine interest, I promise that I will go back to them ask about cubby boxes. I would guess it has to be worth their while though although we may not need the full 20 or so to sign up. I'd think that we could do a plain deck or a cubby box deck mixed order as long as there were enough willing to pay for the upgraded version.

No I don't have a price
No I don't have a picture
No it doesn't come in pink
No I don't know anymore at this stage

Let's do one thing at a time chaps.

Hang on Stu, let me have a look mate. Good question.

Errr, no.

:eusa-naughty: Your'e just trouble you are.

Back