Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

Is there any benefit to having them in mild steel rather then Chris? That should bring the original price down...

sorry chris just bored at work to be fair.

Dunno Gav other than I don't want mine in mild steel. Ally, light, strong and rust free.

Your name not on the list? Come on treat Muxley.

Aye, the comment was vs the stainless option really - I should make myself clearer :oops:

Think Aluminium is the way forward defo :) I'll have a punt on one for Muxley to make the 20th up ;-)

Reckon he could throw one in for the hundee if I did a drawing for him??

If we can get the numbers up for genuine interest, I promise that I will go back to them ask about cubby boxes. I would guess it has to be worth their while though although we may not need the full 20 or so to sign up. I'd think that we could do a plain deck or a cubby box deck mixed order as long as there were enough willing to pay for the upgraded version.
Let's do one thing at a time chaps.
That's good news about the coating Chris, as for a bit extra for the cubby boxes that fine, I like the idea of little hidey holes.

Last edited:
Gav, I can but ask. If the drawing is like err compatible with the thing that chops these out then I guess there's not much to it.

Chas don't get too excited about cubby holes just yet. Rome wasn't burned in a day you know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav, I can but ask. If the drawing is like err compatible with the thing that chops these out then I guess there's not much to it.

Chas don't get too excited about cubby holes just yet. Rome wasn't burned in a day you know.

Sorry, but no cubby holes no sale. I've got an ally sheet already.

Yep, count me in, definitely interested the cubby hole option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, let me back up here.

Listen very carefully as I shall say this only once. There is no current option to order this with cubby holes. There are no cubby hole options at present. Currently the option to have cubby holes is not on offer. This is for a flat sheet with no cubby holes. It is flat on both sides. The only holes are the screw holes.

Are we all clear on the no cubby holes at present option?

Good.

Please only register interest if you WOULD be PREPARED to take one without cubby holes, sans 'oles, pas de l'oles. nicht mit dem holen.

Now, once we reach sufficient numbers to make a single ply, non cubby hole option viable on price, we can look at offering an option that would not be the single flat sheet but would include the aforementioned additional discreet storage vestibules. BUT one or two people wanting that model will not be enough for the supplier to make them. We would then need enough people wanting it with the concealed hidey holes to be able to do that. I don't have a price yet for those nor have I seen one.

People is this really that difficult?

Please, copy the current list paste it into your post and add your name at the bottom if you would be interested in option 1

For all other enquiries please press 3 and hold for an assistant.

Thank you, your call is being redirected

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Chris, as above
3. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!)
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted
6.Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
11. Indigo Spirit
12. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
13. Gav As above
15. At this point they'd be £79 + £10 p&P

Those who are only interested in a de luxe version and not a standard one HAVE been noted chaps. Worry not. I've tidied up the list to keep it simple. Once we reach the next level, we can look at a show of hands, but not everyone may want a super dooper version that will cost more money. OK? But if that option that shall not be mentioned is available then we can ADD your names and that brings us closer to the next milestone. OK? We'd have to cut out a bit of the tailgate, most of which are all dished in the middle anyway. The new deck would span that and be good and strong. Now, it's only rough maths and I am going to kick myself for saying this, but if we can get the numbers the never to be mentioned option that is not yet available could come in at around the £130 mark. See I knew I shouldn't have said anything. .... But that is ONLY if we get the numbers.

Check out the fridge slider ...

P1010482.JPG

This is the OLD finish which is good. Got a sample of the new finish coming tomorrow. Hoo yah.

P1010481.JPG

Last edited:
As already stated I'd take a flat one at the right price, making one to a good standard takes time and effort, I'll happily make stuff if it's not available or saves me a fortune (same reason I bought a trans and steering gaurd) if the one that shall not be mentioned was that sort of price yes I'd part with a few more quid.

Thanks for putting the time and effort in Chris.

Cheers Gary. It's no effort really, and it's a bit of a laugh. Don't take me too seriously folks. It just amazes me how people love to answer the question they'd like to have been asked. It was my daughter's birthday this weekend and my wife came into the room and said - OK hands up for tea and the replies came back - I'd like coffee, just hot water and lemon for me please. I only want cake, no drink thanks.

OK M***** F*****s let me ask that again, show hands for TEA. I'll get to coffee in a God-damned minute :angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

We still ended up with more drinks than people.

Hi Chris
Can you confirm. Is this an offer for what would be a replacement carpet ie a neat nicely finished flat piece of alloy?

Adding cubbies will increase costs enormously IMHO...

Good point Kay Dubbleyuh; could you be a bit clearer CeeJay...

Yep, I'll take the one with the built in 2 gas ring hob option. ;-) Seriously put me down for one with or without an extras. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks CM, he doesn't do a gas ring, but there is a sink and pop up taps. Would you like that instead? It includes personal fitting and a full valet plus a tank of fuel.

I shall put you on the list.

Karl, I shall see you in the morning. We will be having words.

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Chris, as above
3. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!)
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted
6.Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
11. Indigo Spirit
12. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
13. Gav As above
14. cmcmill01 Jacuzzi and sauna
15. At this point they'd be £79 + £10 p&P Come on we're nearly there!

Guys once we do get there, I shall probably ask you to send me a PM with delivery details etc and then we will sort payment directly to the supplier. But NOT YET obviously. Because we still might want to sort out a slightly modified smuggler's version. Nudge Nudge.

Thanks for organising this Chris, £130 ono for that which should never be mentioned is perfectly acceptable to me.

Chas, absolutely no idea what you are talking about :thumbup:

Back