Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

No Chas, just press the buzzer at the side of your bed and a nurse will be along with your pills.

No Chas, just press the buzzer at the side of your bed and a nurse will be along with your pills.
Ah but my buzzer batteries have run down, and she never brings me the happy pills anyway.

What you need is some little secret place where you could store your pills and spare batteries Chas. Now if only there were such a place. BUT THERE ISN'T! :eusa-shhh: :eusa-shhh: :eusa-shhh: :eusa-shhh: :eusa-shhh:

You've got lathes, presses, . . . and . . . things, you could make one. :icon-wink:

Last edited:
What's the finish like on the pop-up taps Chris, any photos? :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheap and nasty Clive. Would you like me to send you a pair? They're made by Landrover. Seriously, wouldn't a sink and taps be cool. And a gas ring in the other side. I would vote for that. NO, stop. NO. It is NOT an option. Neither is the chiller cabinet with ice maker compartment.

Cheap and nasty Clive. Would you like me to send you a pair? They're made by Landrover. Seriously, wouldn't a sink and taps be cool. And a gas ring in the other side. I would vote for that. NO, stop. NO. It is NOT an option. Neither is the chiller cabinet with ice maker compartment.

Allowing this thread a brief "pause" while the list is populating, I liked the stove conversion in Ben's thread. My problem is I have barn type doors on my 80 instead of the tailgate, but they're too narrow to do a Ben job on them. Some cubbies could be embedded there, but not a stove. Ben's drop-down table would work though!

OK, thanks, and back to the listings...

Can you put me down for one please...Plain is fine, but a cubby hole version would be preferred.... with or without the cup of Tea.:icon-biggrin:

It's all right folks, I'll paste yer names in :icon-rolleyes:

ding ding ding and we have a winner. Fifteenth person to sign up as definitely interested. Well done guys. But 15 isn't a limit. Keep going.

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Chris, as above
3. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!) Never mind, I'll send you a picture of my two
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted
6.Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
11. Indigo Spirit nice and simple, clearly able to follow instructions
12. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
13. Gav As above just to be different
14. cmcmill01 Jacuzzi and sauna
15. Justin Elliott - yes yes we all want trinket boxes
20 Come on reach for it guys.

Plus a couple of people whose names I have forgotten who don't want to play unless they get the full shiny one

Chris

If there is the option of Gav having one cut to a template for a hundred then I'll have one (for a hundred - just to be clear), but at sub £100.

Too many hundred's in that sentence :)

Last edited:
And if there isn't, I shall draw you a picture of one! I have heard back from the guy and it looks as though he's willing to do it if Gav supplies drawings. So I shall put you on standby. But it's in Gav's hands entirely

It's all right folks, I'll paste yer names in :icon-rolleyes:

ding ding ding and we have a winner. Fifteenth person to sign up as definitely interested. Well done guys. But 15 isn't a limit. Keep going.

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price
2. Chris, as above
3. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!) Never mind, I'll send you a picture of my two
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted
6.Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
11. Indigo Spirit nice and simple, clearly able to follow instructions
12. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
13. Gav As above just to be different
14. cmcmill01 Jacuzzi and sauna
15. Justin Elliott - yes yes we all want trinket boxes
16.Chas one please with shiny bits.
20 Come on reach for it guys.

Plus a couple of people whose names I have forgotten who don't want to play unless they get the full shiny one

Just to remind you Chris

Sorry do I know you?

I think we've met once or twice. :think:

Hi Guys. To too keep this thread active, here's a bit of an update. There is more to come but please don't bombard me with questions I can't answer yet. Oh, I really should not have said that should I. I have been looking at tailgate storage systems on Mud etc and the web in general. One small problem that we face is that pretty much, we are the only people with fog lights in the tailgate skin. This does limit the room inside and restricts the possibilities. So no you won't be able to put your pump action shot gun in there or your high lift jack.

Our supplier has come up with a design for the alternative to the flat board that includes two locking cubby boxes. I have a drawing which I have attached along with a description of what comes with it. We are finalising prices just at the second due to the price of aluminium going up and sourcing of the locks etc. So just hang on for the final prices. That should be Friday / Saturday. OK?

You already have the initial prices for the plain flat ones but I think that the cubby ones will be quite a bit more. Once I get those through, we will need to be really honest about the special ones. If you are in then you are in. If not then have a plain one or walk away.Basically, if you aren't signing up then you don't have say. I don't have time to faff around to be honest. Getting the prices will be dependant on people committing and paying too. But we'll arrange all of that when we get there. If people sign up and then drop out, you will all know who it is and why the price might change - yes? So it will be midnight beating with a bar of soap in a sock if you welch on the deal.

This what you would get:

- epoxy black coated fine textured easy wipe finish
- black catches with keyed alike locked
- stainless internal cover for rear of fog light to protect it and a piece of strong convoluted tubing to put the fog light cable in.
- can be stood on any where, but not by fat lads in stiletto heels!
- tailgate will have to be drilled and rivnuted, existing holes are not suitable. BTW, if you don't have a Rivnutter, on a flat surface like this with good access you can do the installation manually with a bar and some washers. Or you could buy plastic thread inserts at a push. Or use cage nuts
- locker cavities are formed by the tailgate it self, not another box inside
- both styles flat or locker equipped will be supplied with a fixing kit comprising of:- m5 rivnuts, stainless button head bolts, anti vibration foam, rubber mat to line the locker and an allen key.

Here's the outline

Tailgate locker.png

That really is all I can tell you for now folks. I really want this to work. So all I'd ask once again is to be frank and honest. You're in or you're out. We do need to build a bit of trust here - works both ways yes I know, but there could be other products that we could explore if the supplier feels that there is a market. I have spent over £1000 with them myself and I cannot fault a single item

OK?

C

Sounding very good Chris. Looking forward to the guesstimate on price for the fancy ones. I'm guessing you are going for the fancy ones as well?

:thumbup: Sounds very promising, thanks for all your effort in this Chris.

That all sounds great Chris, but will it still be possible to get the plain one at a good (sub 100) price if we are now doing 2 designs?

No worries Guys. Yes I shall be going all fancy.

Don't worry about still being able to get a plain one. Absolutely yes. Look, they have to cut a plain one to make a fancy one, yes? But there will need to be sufficient people wanting a fancy one to make setting up for it worthwhile. Don't have the break down yet, but let's say all of us want one of some sort. If 14 wanted plain and only I wanted fancy - it ain't gonna work. I believe we will need in the region of 15 committed buyers with roughly half of us wanting to go with storage. The ones wanting plain ones will get them at the price we listed. The way to look at it is that there is a basic price for the plain one and extra for the fancy one. Simples.

Still possible to put your names on the list if you have only just come to this. There is no limit to how many we can order. If we can get to 20 firm buyers then the price for everyone improves.

Back