Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Happy Valley - August 29th

Then their LC could have beed taken away and CRASHED
Awful drivers those old bill :D ;) No off road skills :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Well i for one have learnt a lesson here and to be honest I didn't think twice about following other tracks. I know Ignorance is no excuse. Point noted and lesson learnt. Thanks for pointing it out gents.

I believe everyone here would like to consider themselves and strives to be a responsible green laner. Funnily enough during our lunch stop we were discussing asbo type antics on green lanes and how "they" ruin it for us "responsible" types. Anyway i think it is important to realise you don't have to be asbo to be doing damage. I for one will be far more concious in future with regards to this as am sure everyone one else will be too.

On a brighter note though thanks again to Crispin for organising and leading the trip. It really was a fantastic day out. Beautiful scenery, great company and thoroughly enjoyable lanes. I for one cant wait for the next trip.

Would it be an idea to try and organise a monthly club day out? :pray:

Here's my contribution to the photo collection:
DSC_0764-8.jpg

DSC_0740-7.jpg

DSC_0656-5.jpg

DSC_0613-1.jpg

pin striping was not optional :!:

DSC_0783-9.jpg

All in all a great day out, bar shearing off the bolt attaching the steering damper to the pitman arm and the new pinhole i have in my steering gear housing :shock:

Jon, Paul: Valid points. I assumed that if there are clear and fresh tracks clearly made by vehicles and not horses or walkers, then that is part of the lane. Clearly I was wrong. Being the first time doing this, I brushed up all I could. Clearly I need a better rule book.

Paul, your point has now been made - thank you.
We all appreciate the lanes and the work that happens to keep them open and maintain them by CRAG and GLASS who don't get thanked (much) for it. As a group, if anything is spotted which is not by-the-book, a quiet word and a quiet nudge is always welcome.

CP

Ryan Thomson said:
Well i for one have learnt a lesson here and to be honest I didn't think twice about following other tracks. I know Ignorance is no excuse. Point noted and lesson learnt. Thanks for pointing it out gents.

That is the point, as long as people learn from it, it is a good thing. All because there is tracks it does not mean it is legal to follow them.

I know what I have said is harsh, but would like someones £20,000+ LC crushed just for driving where it should not?

Anyway, it looks like a good day. I was at a Land Rover show all weekend or I would have come.

Paul

Crispin, if the pictures had been posted on another forum the police would have had them by now.

But as I have said as long as people learn from it and don't do it again all is well. :)

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ryan Thomson said:

Jon Wildsmith said:
The bomb hole is is the right of way and the detour around it is now considered by most to be a reasonable detour. The off-piste pics are in both sets of photos. I can tell you the exact ones but that's not really why I've decided to be Mr Unpopular, I don't want to name or shame an individual, just ask everyone to think twice next time as that wasn't a boring route I did staying on the RoW ;)

Paul_Humphreys said:
I have to agree with Jon, I have sent pictures like that to the police before. I will not this time, but I would do again.

If your not sure where your ment to drive, then do not drive there or ask someone who knows where you can drive.

We (and others) spend a lot of time trying to keep ROW open for people to keep using. Driving where you not meant to WILL get lanes closed.

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
Just to point out, last saturday there was police going up and down Strada. If the people in the pictures had done the same and the police had seen them. Then their LC could have beed taken away and CRASHED. Yes it does hapen.

Also it seems like it is the same 2 LCs that seem to be doing all of the driving off of the line of the ROW.

Paul

Thanks for pointing this out to me. Ignorance it no excuse I will openly admit that I let my excitement get the better of me. As Ryan has already said, lesson learnt. All I can now do is offer my sincere apologies, and in future I will save this kind of driving for pay and play days.

Paul_Humphreys said:
But as I have said as long as people learn from it and don't do it again all is well. :)

Yep, I agree :)

Hi,

Many thanks to Crispin for leading the group and to Jon for providing the overlay. We had a great day.

cheers

24Seven said:
Are you sending them into "Dark Wood" Jon? :mrgreen:

I checked and that was the right place Matt so your 90 should have got through fine on the right line :thumbup:

While we are trying to pass on tips about laning, the other thing about this trip was the group numbers look to be a bit high and really should have been 2 groups I think. That's always a problem with club type trips because it's hard to keep numbers down and hardly anyone wants to lead a group!

Back