Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hard Boot Floor

Nguruve

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Thought I'd show my first minor modification to my 100 Series from a few months ago. Working in Agriculture, I always have tool boxes in the back of the Land Cruiser, and often greasy machine parts, too. This wasn't very compatible with the luxurious deep pile carpet that the car came with!

My solution was 6mm Stokboard, a product we often use livestock scenarios. It's made from recycled plastic, and is very easy to work with. I simply removed the carpet from the boot and tailgate, and used it as a template for the Stockboard.

Unfortunately, the trim around the rearmost seat mounts didn't fit well. I've since replaced it with copies I've CNC routed out of Stokboard.
Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 21.33.55.png

Attachments

• IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3835.JPG
    IMG_3835.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 42
Hi . That looks very good. I wish I could buy one without the seat and anchor points

There's a project for you, make one to your own requirements as per Nguruve.

Thanks but I'm a bit short on time as I'm heading off for 3 weeks in Cornwall with a collie who loves the sea. My present boot liner turns out not to be water proof. Not only that but its held on the boot sides with double sided tape that has slowly come away . Leaving the glue stuck to the plastic trim. So that's another job to clean that mess up. I thought it would be quite simple to find a quality boot liner with a vertical lip around its edge. Many that are advertised to fit my 100 just don't match or don't have a lip to catch any spill.....red wine !

It's a bugger when advertised stuff doesn't fit or does not do the job intended, especially when the correct ones are available for other series.
I have one in my 120 as per karl2000 recommendation, but that's no help to you.
Lap that spilt wine up before the dog gets there first !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back