Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDJ100 Active Height Control - Toyota Repair/Service Manual + OBD-2 plug

tibo123

Hello!

For now several days, I am looking for the right Toyota repair/service manual which would present the AHC system for my [early] 2005 HDJ100.
I have already found this link (a 6000 [!] page manual)
[3w]mudtoys.com/manuals/100/05rm.pdf (it seems I am not allowed to put it as an url before I post 15 messages)
but I am not quite sure whether it for fits all LC.

If it is the right manual, is there any other copy available somewhere without the multiple squares showed on many pages?

My second question is:
Does the OBD-2 plug is specific to Toyota or, may I use any other plug found on the internet?

Thank you!
Thibaut

I don't think there's another free version of the service manual, I haven't seen it if there is. It's a shame about the squares but you can just ignore them :icon-wink: The ODB-2 plug should be a standard one.

The OBD-plug is one of the standards, but there is no OBD-2, only M-OBD, t0yotas flavour.

The squares are there from the creator of the documentation. At the time it was published, it was possible to get rid of the squares by installing language support for east asian languages, but that workaround doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. Looks like there is some japanese space-character which is not supported on standard computers. It is possible to install a certain acrobat-reader which translates the squares to long spaces, which is slightly better. Think it is the free Nuance pdf reader.

Thank you for your swift replies.
I will try to configure my pdf reader to get rid of the squares or, if it doesn't work, I will ignore them...

Hello,

I have bought the 35-dollar plug to a chinese dealer recommended on another thread and I have checked the AHC pressures.
Here are the values:
- From low to N: Front: 7.6MPa-g ; Rear: 6.4MPa-g
- From N to Hi: Front: 10.1MPa-g ; Rear: 7.5MPa-g

As per the service/repair manual the pressure shall be 6.9MPa (+/- 0.5MPa) for the front suspensions and from 5.6 to 6.7MPa for the rear ones.

What kind of repair/service would you recommend?
Do I need to replace the rear springs and to tighten the torsional bar?

The accumulators seem not be shot, the level difference on the hydraulic oil tank is noticeable and in accordance with Toyota specs.

Thank you!

Hello,

I have bought the 35-dollar plug to a chinese dealer recommended on another thread and I have checked the AHC pressures.
Here are the values:
- From low to N: Front: 7.6MPa-g ; Rear: 6.4MPa-g
- From N to Hi: Front: 10.1MPa-g ; Rear: 7.5MPa-g

As per the service/repair manual the pressure shall be 6.9MPa (+/- 0.5MPa) for the front suspensions and from 5.6 to 6.7MPa for the rear ones.

What kind of repair/service would you recommend?
Do I need to replace the rear springs and to tighten the torsional bar?

The accumulators seem not be shot, the level difference on the hydraulic oil tank is noticeable and in accordance with Toyota specs.

Thank you!
Looks like you are more or less OK regarding Neutral Pressure. Front is just a tad over the range, and the rear just within. It's easy to tighten the torsion bars a bit to get the pressure down to spec. At the rear you're ok as long as you don't add more weight than standard, - or try to make higher at the back.

What are the values for height (on a level floor) and steering angle with the wheels straight ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like you are more or less OK regarding Neutral Pressure. Front is just a tad over the range, and the rear just within. It's easy to tighten the torsion bars a bit to get the pressure down to spec. At the rear you're ok as long as you don't add more weight than standard, - or try to make higher at the back.

What are the values for height (on a level floor) and steering angle with the wheels straight ?

Thank you uHu for your reply.
Do you think the pressure values in Hi position are OK (do Toyota pressure specs are identical in N and Hi position)?

What do you mean by "- or try to make higher at the back"?

For the height, I am not quite sure to know where I could find this information. Is it one of the values given by one of the Height Control Sensor?
Lo to N:
Lo to N.jpg
N to Hi:
N to Hi.jpg

I didn't notice it before but the sensor named RL Height Control Sensor keep indicating 0mm. Is it normal?

Thibaut

Back