Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight LED Conversion Kit for Series 100 Landcruiser

I'm interested as well, mine are like dim candles.

I been searching the forum because i couldn't remember what bulbs i put in the 80 and here it is

1607217863793.png

Not for road use really but i didn't much care about the lights coz i'm a bugger for forgetting to turn them on at night only to arrive home and a pitch black lane and think oops but the mrs often complained about the trucks poor lights , now she complains they are too bright and i have them angled down so they won't shine through the rear window of even the lowest sports car if im stopped in traffic directly behind it with a 4" lft and 35" tyres .

Point is i'm thinking they must have been a direct fit because i have no patience for such things and they went in no bother at all .

Philips now do a road legal version at the same claimed 200% brighter called racing bulbs i think .

Thanks Shayne but I have heard that type of bulb puts unwanted strain on existing wiring so I would be more inclined to LED types.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Part and parcel with the bulb is a transformer or something , a little black box i had to cable tie secure behind the headlight ?

It's an LED driver. I put LEDs in my 80 when we were in Finland. What a difference. Passed two MOTS since then with perfect patterns. Put them in my Hilux too recently. Fantastic upgrade. Only downside of LEDs is that they run cool so don't dry off headlights inside or melt snow off the fronts.

I've had LED bulbs in my 90 for around nearly 8 years (the older generation ones with separate driver unit) and never had a problem with MoTs.

Be keen to upgrade to the latest generation with the built-in driver - but always a case of "if it ain't broke.."

I swapped out my 100 series glow worms for Phillips ultron LED bulbs. Beam pattern looks ok. Will see at MOT time. I am sure I posted it up in here

Pleased to hear that Gary, they are the ones I've bought but not fitted yet.

Back