Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight upgrade 80 series

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Any idea on whats a better setup being HID upgrade on existing headlights or the Depo lights from the USA. Depo's update the look with a clear glass.

Any experiences and opinions welcome.

Don't know about Depo, but I have had the HID upgrade for a year and they are literally brilliant. Fantastic light level - no need for a bar full of extra lights !

Reactions: Bas
I've got HID's in both dipped and main beams, night time has been banished.
surprised-004.gif

The Depo ones are apparently a quality product, but be aware that those you linked to are LHD units and it doesn't mention any other options. Also you should note HIDs in aftermarket applications are not entirely legal so there are possible implications (I have HIDs on mine and they are splendid; less current, brighter, clearer but still not legal)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Depo ones are apparently a quality product, but be aware that those you linked to are LHD units and it doesn't mention any other options. Also you should note HIDs in aftermarket applications are not entirely legal so there are possible implications (I have HIDs on mine and they are splendid; less current, brighter, clearer but still not legal)

It's a valid point and it's a big risk in countries that really care about these things, such as the UK.

At the moment in Romania, if you've got some lights on the car, the authorities are not too concerned about which lights they are!

My eternal problem here in Romania, is getting stuff imported... the pic below from that link rests my case ...

image.jpg

Last edited:
You gadget slut... :p

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I like these too, but the price and customs duties are too much.
This one looks great.
25rcu87.jpg

Good Lord! What are the ones in the picture above and where can I get some? To be honest, I have no idea what are in my truck but I do know that they outshine the SIX lamps I have on a 1978 Chevrolet Suburban..... and that's on low beam.

Good Lord! What are the ones in the picture above and where can I get some? To be honest, I have no idea what are in my truck but I do know that they outshine the SIX lamps I have on a 1978 Chevrolet Suburban..... and that's on low beam.
Here you ere

I've just bought new head lights. ... will show ya'll once they arrive ...

Very much looking forward to see those HIDs fitted ... and to know if they have glass fronts :)

I've got the 91 import 81HDJ model.
My headlights are the outer pair, and the inner pair are foglights.....is it worth rewiring the fogs to come on with main beam?

Back