Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight upgrade 80 series

They definitely weren't that much! I don't know if they are dreaming or accidentally typed in too large a number.

I seem to remember the price was more like £299, I was considering getting a pair, I certainly wouldn't have entertained a price of £1299. :angry-nono:

Seems a few are very happy with the HID conversion. Is this just bulbs or more involved? Can someone post a link to a recommended supplier to help a lazy a*se. Thanks in advance!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
May be a bit late now but FWIW over here in Spain (and I gather France) are really 'funny' about alterations to things like lighting in fact, I was recently warned by an ITV (MOT) inspector that the orange indicators on a customers Fiesta were not orange enough! I had just put in two brand new bulbs and showed him the remaining eight from the box of ten and he felt they were substandard orange coverings, he passed the car but again an idea of how picky they are here. I did get my 'normal' LHD headlights from Depo, they were standard replacements but you do lose the height control option, I have never seen anywhere in Europe advertising anything like Halo's etc. I have not been looking to hard so they may be there but they may also be illegal, something to do with 'E' markings being absent which may or may not be an issue with UK MOT's?

regards

Dave

Last edited:
May be a bit late now but FWIW over here in Spain (and I gather France) are really 'funny' about alterations to things like lighting in fact, I was recently warned by an ITV (MOT) inspector that the orange indicators on a customers Fiesta were not orange enough! I had just put in two brand new bulbs and showed him the remaining eight from the box of ten and he felt they were substandard orange coverings, he passed the car but again an idea of how picky they are here. I did get my 'normal' LHD headlights from Depo, they were standard replacements but you do lose the height control option, I have never seen anywhere in Europe advertising anything like Halo's etc. I have not been looking to hard so they may be there but they may also be illegal, something to do with 'E' markings being absent which may or may not be an issue with UK MOT's?

regards

Dave

I had out 2 yr CT on Friday - passed with just a couple of advisories (rusty bits!) he mentioned the oversized tyres, and thought the HID's were good, no mention of legalities though, the rear fog on mine is on the right hand side, and was shining almost white - the red lense has faded, so advised me to fit an aux rear fog in the centre or left of the car. He loved the light bar - (comes on with main beam). I think I was lucky!
btw, I have removed the HID and fitted LED hi-lo replacement lamps, but they remain untested as yet

This is my first time here and I have a question about headlights for my Land Cruiser 80, hopefully there is somebody out there who knows the answer.
I would like to purchase the product below. However, I would just like to confirm if this item will fit my Land Cruiser 80. There are two types of Land Cruiser 80's, The ones that have Dual Lens Headlights and not dual lens. My Land Cruiser has Dual Lenses. Will these lights fit this model? I have read on other sites that similar lights will not fit. Also, I am attaching a picture so you can check.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 21.55.30.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 21.16.51.png

Thank you

Back