Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hedgehog - 2nd leg of round the world - North & Central Americas

Cracking photos Steve - looking forward to watching your Africa exploits on FB

Amazing pictures!!! Looks like an incredible first leg of your trip!!! So inspirational!! Cant wait for your next leg!!!

Cheers
Roy :)

I took a few bits of video going over Black Bear Pass in Colorado. You can see them here. For some reason the sound didn't come through but you get the gist. The village in the distance is Telluride - falling off the trail isn't an option :)

Brilliant vids Steve, these will keep your memories fresh!

No envy on my part mind... :liar:

Wow awesome stuff. Have started planning similar stuff with part 1 in canada / Alaska.
Thanks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
.. going over Black Bear Pass in Colorado. ..]
Black Bear isn't overlly difficult but need to have your truck in good conditions (especially brakes) and keep an even/steady pace. You wouldn't want to be of nervous disposition; sceneary is awesome

Black Bear isn't overlly difficult but need to have your truck in good conditions (especially brakes) and keep an even/steady pace. You wouldn't want to be of nervous disposition; sceneary is awesome
Correct - there was a whole load of hype around this trail but in all honesty if you are a confident driver and have a good truck then it is straightforward. I think it is a Grade 4 rated trail but only for a couple of short sections - some narrow steps with adverse camber and polished, and the switchbacks where you just need to know where the vehicle corners are and how to do a 3 point turn....I think perhaps many people arrive in Colorado for the first time where their off-road experience has been on less precipitous tracks. There are serious accidents there - the HIH team helped rescue the occupants of a quad the previous year.

Correct - there was a whole load of hype around this trail but in all honesty if you are a confident driver and have a good truck then it is straightforward. ..There are serious accidents there - the HIH team helped rescue the occupants of a quad the previous year.
In our group (8 trucks) we had one who didn't have enough experience an his nervousness (on CB) came across to the rest and made folks jittery. Didn't help that we have a downpour going thru the steep switchbacks.
Scenery and views made up for the sketchness
Glad you were able to experience it

Back