Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello everybody

LandelSur

Country Flag
spain
Hi everybody,

I am Servan from Gran Canaria, (Canary Islands, Spain).

I have a '92 HDJ80 VX. It has about 280000 km and I have had it for 22 years now. I have it all set up and ready for travelling. I have already been in the desert in Morocco.

I will post some pictures as soon as I learn how to do it.

Looking forward to sharing and hearing your experiences,

Regards,

Servan

Hi Servan
A few of us were in Spain a little while ago, in the Tabernas desert, near Almeria.
Post some pictures when you can :)

Here are my pictures... hopefully
DSCF0839-1.jpg
DSCF0985.JPG
DSCF1055-1-1.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Servan, nice Antron and great photos. Looks like you'll fit right in here posting pics up so soon. :) Good to have you aboard.

Is it just me or do 80s look great in white with sand as a background?

Best wishes
Richard

Welcome Servan, what a stunning 80 that is, and a credit to you as it's long term owner. It's beautiful!

Thanks for posting photos. I think I like your wheels too, but they're a bit dark in the photos.

Any chance of a better pic and/or a brand name/style if possible?

Hey guys,

Thank you for all your comments!

Welcome Servan, what a stunning 80 that is, and a credit to you as it's long term owner. It's beautiful!

Thanks for posting photos. I think I like your wheels too, but they're a bit dark in the photos.

Any chance of a better pic and/or a brand name/style if possible?

DSCF2432.JPG

Is this what you mean?

Also uploading a couple extra pictures (the first one is a bit older, the 80 was not as prepared as it is now)

DSCF3422.JPG

DSCF8047.JPG

Welcome Servan your the longest 80 series I've noticed here. Lovely vehicle with great sand backdrop.
Love the white snookle look unique too.
Great wheels are those k02's your running there?

They're KOs Dervis

Nice wheels, time for a browse on the interweb :thumbup:

Think some of those pics could good for one of the months on the calendar

That's the next tyres im interested with replacing Clive. 50/50 on & offroad suits my needs better. Heard there extremely good.

I want my next set of ATs to be KO2s, the reinforced sidewalls look much stronger for those Offroad capers... :thumbup:

Welcome Servan, nice truck!

We're in Fueteventura next week, sadly not with the 80 tho, flying in - are they ever going to run that ferry from Canarys to Morocco again? Keep hearing rhumors but nothing ever seems to come of it :(
One of my original overlanding goals was to drive down through Morocco and jump on the ferry to Fueteventura, but then it sank :lol: we have a connection with the island going back to the early 90's when we used to go on windsurfing expeditions, when the airport was just a strip of tarmac and a tin shack, them were the days :icon-biggrin:

love the truck, what's the scoop for, top mounted intercooler?

welcome :)

Great wheels are those k02's your running there?

Hey Dervis, as Clivehorridge said, they are KOs. I have already been using them for a while and I am very happy with their performance.

Think some of those pics could good for one of the months on the calendar

Thanks Kingtom, sometimes I manage to get a decent picture, lol :)

love the truck, what's the scoop for, top mounted intercooler?

Hey Lund, I am sorry but I am not understanding what you mean, my english is not the best. What do you mean?

We're in Fueteventura next week, sadly not with the 80 tho, flying in - are they ever going to run that ferry from Canarys to Morocco again? Keep hearing rhumors but nothing ever seems to come of it :(
One of my original overlanding goals was to drive down through Morocco and jump on the ferry to Fueteventura, but then it sank :lol: we have a connection with the island going back to the early 90's when we used to go on windsurfing expeditions, when the airport was just a strip of tarmac and a tin shack, them were the days :icon-biggrin:

Hello Pumpy,
I will also be in Fuerteventura next week, but it will due to working reasons and I will only be there for a few hours.
It has been a long time (a lot of years now) since we have been waiting for the ferry from Fuerteventura to Tarfaya, (Morocco). The ferry was supposed to be ready in September however, they are saying that we will have it by February next year. I do not really know if we will ever get it.
Fuerteventura was even more amazing in the 70s. It was wild, isolated and wonderful...

Hey Lund, I am sorry but I am not understanding what you mean, my english is not the best. What do you mean?[/QUOTE]

I'll see if i can help in my Fawlty Tower Spanish

Que tal Servan, Lund estaba preguntando porque tienes on hueco por aire (scoop) encima el tapa del motor? Tienes un intercooler? Que tipo y hay fotos? O es solo para haz que se vea bien!

Hey Mojo!

Thanks for your help, your spanish is probably better than my english :)

I could not understand the meaning of that sentence...

Yes, I do have an intercooler PWR. At the moment I do not have any pictures, but I would look for them and upload a picture of the engine

Back