Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HELLO FROM GEORGIA! hj62

Hello and welcome!
60 series are not very common in the UK but there are a few around. You might be able to find one being broken for parts here but getting the engine to Georgia is going to be expensive.
Being an HJ62 is yours the turbo 12H-T? I don't think these were ever common in the UK but you should be able to find an engine to slot in, maybe even the 1HD-T from an 80 series!

Good luck!

Hi Andrew, I think you will find it is the HJ61 which is the factory turbo version of the 60 series, the 62 designation is for the N/A 87 to 90 year version.

Ah :thumbup: right you are :mrgreen: So the 62 should run the same 4l N/A diesel as the 60?

Cheers,

my engine is 4.0 diesel non turbo and my TOY is 1989 years old.
i neeed full-block of engine couse my engine is olready repaiired once :)

if you know any information where can i find the engine please be patient.

i'm located in Georgia Tbilisi

Yep thats about the measure of it, although as the range progressed there were components upgraded within the engine so the best engines were the last ones.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi HJ62, do you need a block, short engine or a low mileage complete running engine? I have all three available.

Thanks

Andy

Didn't know you delivered out that far Andy. Arf Arf.

Or you planning an adventure.....

Chris

Ha ha 'thud', I just laughed my head off at that one Chris!!!!!!

love
Andy

Toyota HJ 62 said:

The 62 series is a petrol engined 3F or 3FE 6 cyl (FJ62) and is the equivalent to a HJ61 in terms of extras.
The correct name for yours is a HJ60.
The engine in yours is a 2H and they can be rebuilt more than once by a skilled mechanic and machinist.
Bore liners (or jackets) can be bought cheaply
When buying parts dont confuse the engine with the older H and 2H engines from the HJ45 landcruisers.
There are lots of these engines in Australia but the shipping would be very expensive.

roscoFJ73 said:
Toyota HJ 62 said:

The 62 series is a petrol engined 3F or 3FE 6 cyl (FJ62) and is the equivalent to a HJ61 in terms of extras.
The correct name for yours is a HJ60.
The engine in yours is a 2H and they can be rebuilt more than once by a skilled mechanic and machinist.
Bore liners (or jackets) can be bought cheaply
When buying parts dont confuse the engine with the older H and 2H engines from the HJ45 landcruisers.
There are lots of these engines in Australia but the shipping would be very expensive.

near engine there's IRON part on which is written HJ 62 and it's diesel.it' hard to rebuilt couse engine stopped turning . i need new block. tomorrow i'll take photoes and show you my engine
thanks

Im not sure what you are looking at ,but there is no such thing as a HJ62 model in the landcruiser range.
You might be looking at the chassis rail behind the right hand wheel. This is the frame number,not the model.
There is an aluminium plate on the firewall that has all details regarding model,engine,gearbox and diff type.
Got a photo?

You need some mud tyres :mrgreen: .
Dont see many 60 series with barn doors and high roof together

Engine:
2H - 4.0 Litre Diesel running on B20 & Flashlube Diesel Conditioner
5sp manual
1.75" Pacemaker extractors to 2.25" exhaust
Factory Hand Throttle
K&N Air filter with Snork

Dear Toyoters :) hello again. i havenpot found any diesel engine for my toyota hj 60 diesel 4.0 and if you have some infor mation of it, where can i buy engine of full-block of engine please be patient and let me know . thanks Saba

Back