Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hello from Istanbul

KutsalDogan

Hi folks,
I am a new member from Istanbul, Turkey. There are very few LC's in Istanbul compared to the UK and the US.
As a recent implant from the US, I found this site full of valuable information and discussions.
I am a 38-year old management professor. I lived in the US for about 14 years before moving to Istanbul. I have been questioning my choice since the move.
I am new to LCs. I owned american made SUVs before. However, I always adored LCs but wanted a diesel but the US did not have them.
Best wishes to All.
Cheers,
Kutsal

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Welcome to the club - hope you have fun and learn a lot - and share a lot! I'm pretty sure you should be able to source up a nice diesel LC in Europe or the UK to use in Turkey - or even a middle-eastern one??

Anyway, good luck in your search!

Gary

KutsalDogan

Hi Gary,
Thanks for nice wishes. I did actually bought a nice diesel 2006 VX100 4.2TD back in May 2010.
You are right, they are available in the Middle East. But not much so in Turkey. There are a lot more Range Rovers here since they come with 3.0 TD engine and that has tremendous tax and registration fee advantages over 4.2 lt engine.

I am happy with my acquisition, it is in superb condition overall. However, I have an annoying transmission problem
and I already posted the problem and some questions to the technical forum:)

Regards,
Kutsal

24Seven

Welcome Kutsal

You have some fantastic areas I would love to explore right on your door step :cool:

Ecky Thump

Garage
Welcome to the fold Kutsal.

You will have to post up some pictures.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Almost 2 years old, whats going on?

Gra.