Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hello from Istanbul

KutsalDogan

Hi folks,
I am a new member from Istanbul, Turkey. There are very few LC's in Istanbul compared to the UK and the US.
As a recent implant from the US, I found this site full of valuable information and discussions.
I am a 38-year old management professor. I lived in the US for about 14 years before moving to Istanbul. I have been questioning my choice since the move.
I am new to LCs. I owned american made SUVs before. However, I always adored LCs but wanted a diesel but the US did not have them.
Best wishes to All.
Cheers,
Kutsal

Welcome to the club - hope you have fun and learn a lot - and share a lot! I'm pretty sure you should be able to source up a nice diesel LC in Europe or the UK to use in Turkey - or even a middle-eastern one??

Anyway, good luck in your search!

Gary

Hi Gary,
Thanks for nice wishes. I did actually bought a nice diesel 2006 VX100 4.2TD back in May 2010.
You are right, they are available in the Middle East. But not much so in Turkey. There are a lot more Range Rovers here since they come with 3.0 TD engine and that has tremendous tax and registration fee advantages over 4.2 lt engine.

I am happy with my acquisition, it is in superb condition overall. However, I have an annoying transmission problem
and I already posted the problem and some questions to the technical forum:)

Regards,
Kutsal

Welcome Kutsal

You have some fantastic areas I would love to explore right on your door step :cool:

Welcome to the fold Kutsal.

You will have to post up some pictures.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Almost 2 years old, whats going on?

Gra.

Back