Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help Needed

Shady

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi Team,

I recently bought a J95 with a 1KZTE, had it two months. Cracked the head. have to say i was pretty gutted. Anyway fast forward couple of months and a lot of heartache, I have done the head swap with a replacement from kiwi cylinder heads. Ive had the injectors cleaned and serviced by simmons. Put a new after market radiator in. New fuel and oil filter etc...

My problem is this, now back together and turned over last night, the idle speed is higher and the accelerator pedal does nothing. ive only run it a couple of minutes max as I'm nervous something is wrong. the thing started ok and sounds reasonably good when running.

One we noticed is there was no butterfly valve in the manifold and also when i took it apart it seemed some vac hoses were removed. is this because someone prior has done EGR delete?

I have replumbed all the vacuum hoses as per the Haynes manual. So I'm wondering is this the issue? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

I really need some help on this one.

Throttle cable is not sitting in its guide is my first thought ?

When i press down on the accelrator the cable moves the valve on th ethrottle body but nothing happens on th eengine. if you hit the idle up switch th erevs pick up more . but th eidle is already higher then normal. around 1500 rpm

the spill control valve sometimes fails but i'm not sure it fits with your symptoms

thanks mate. will have a look tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back