Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help required in purchasing first Land Cruiser

Tedsalad

Country Flag
uk
Hello from the Shogun side of life.

I am considering jumping camp and buying a 4.2 VX circa 2005-2007

What sort of money should I be parting with?

What can I expect MPG with a light foot?

Are there any major known problems with this model?

Many thanks

Ted

For some reason i can't get on it on my computer at the mo something to do with cookies but Parkers used car price guide usually gives a pretty good breakdown of actual value and it takes into consideration whether its a private sale or dealer and condition or milage .

I can only see Parkers 4,2 up to 2006.

Amazon 2006.jpg

Gra.

Thanks guys, what about common faults and MPG

Common faults incl. telescopic steering adj motors, ignition barrel...

I'm only on my 2nd one in 10 or 11 years, I did rebuilt the torque converter as my '01 had a bakerlite washer which I think might have been the subject of a recall - did mine rather than wait for it to outright fail. Had to clean an injector pump out a few years ago, but that was poorly made biodiesel. All the rest has been maintenance stuff.

I think on the later models the the ignition problem has been fixed.

MPG... haven't a skubbies, from what I've read mid twenties would be about right.

Last edited:
Hi
Hurry up and buy your first Diesel LC. I had a "P" registered Shogun and it was underpowered and only did 27 mpg. It also had positively dangerous handling characteristics..........as in overturning without warning when cornering at only just over a reasonable speed. Someone stole it much to my relief. The 80 has better cornering than the 100 if you REALLY start pushing it but the Shogun I had was useless. Both are more or less same on Diesel consumption as the 2.7 L shogun but much more powerfull .

Frank

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone know anything about Goodwood exports in Camberley, they have a tidy looking 2003 model for £15k, just over 100k on the clock?

Here's the eBay item number if you fancy a look 110981991085.

Thanks

Back