Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help with screen display

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
Folks,

I have a rather strange problem with the screen display on my desk top PC. I'm hoping one of you PC Experts can point me in the right direction.

I have no problems with any site - except this one . . The text and page format seem to be getting smaller each time I log on. Nothing else is affected, just this.

I have hunted around for a menu that will enable me to expand the print, but found nothing that makes any sense to me.

I'm running Windows 10. Screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.

I can alter the screen display - but that affects everything, its just this site that is shrinking.

Any ideas ??

Thanks.

Bob.

Bob, are you using Chrome? If not which browser?

In Chrome there is a settings menu (the 3 vertical dots in the RH corner). You can select a zoom option from there, which will only affect the tab you're in. So you can set different viewing options for different tabs/sites.

Apologies if you know all this and have already tried...

I'm using Internet Explorer.

Anyhow, I saw a 'zoom' function (three dots in top right corner) and that seems to have worked, I haven't tried any other sites yet but hopefully it only affects the current one. It was showing 67% when I looked, its now at 80%.

Thanks for the clue, don't know what was going on there but hopefully sorted.

Bob.

Wow 1280x1024 - you actually have an old square'ish screen? Don't see many of those around these days!

I don't have a laptop :whistle: .

And I use a 14-year-old Sony-Ericsson phone - that doesn't do Internet :whistle:.

No.1 daughter gave me her old I-phone 7, I use it a bit for e-mails & U-Tube vids but have never made a phone call from it.

I like the simple life.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Luddite club member phone for phoning shoes for walking boots for puddles and mud

Wow 1280x1024 - you actually have an old square'ish screen? Don't see many of those around these days!

Bob is a normal person who like most of us cannot see why an on/off button must include "options" .

Luddite club member phone for phoning shoes for walking boots for puddles and mud

My surgeon was tickled pink when i explained i only have one pair of shoes because i only have one pair of feet .

Back