Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

help with speaker sizes for HZJ105 LandCruiser, please

I can’t help you Kileni on your 105, but if you want speakers in the rear (side) doors, then why not go ahead, buy some and fit them?

My HZJ80 only had the poxy little dash mounted speakers original from Mr T’s factory, but I’ve done away with them, installed a double din JVC unit, and that has speakers with separate tweeters in all 4 doors now.

The speakers were purchased along with the JVC DD unit from a local Auto Audio outlet, and my mate fitted the whole lot, including a reversing camera which displays on the JVC DD screen.

Thank you, Clive! I ordered a couple of speakers to start and will see how that goes. May add a couple more based on the opinion of the guy who is going to help me install.

The only problem is having to cut (and thus “damage”) the door cards, and some folks like to keep their trucks unmolested.

Be interested to hear how you get on Klieni because this is a job that is on my to do list for my 105. The factory speakers are rubbish in the front and like yours there are non in the back doors. Doubt theres even wires there ready for them.

1 thought tho. If you are going to start adding more speakers you'll probably need a better amp. Are you replacing the head unit at the same time?

Back