Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help!!!

C11ONX

My amazon 4.7 with an LPG single point conversion is poorly
i has the Cambelt changed, then it started to idle quite rough, on petrol as and more so on LPG, I had a diagnostic on the LPG done and he said it was a problem with it on petrol
i has the plugs, leads, coils packs, both cats, both pre lambdas both manifolds as they were cracked, it has had the main temp sensor changed (Toyota found a fault) And still idles rough, not as much but it looses power up hill sometimes, it went back to Toyota for a compression test and everything was fine, there are no fault codes present, and Toyota have checked the data while it's running and everything is fine, I have dropped in some bg moa (oil additive for the tappets and rings to clean them and bg44 fuel system cleaned and bgcf5 inlet and cylinder cleaner, it runs better but still struggles sometimes up hill, and thoughts as Toyota want to do a top end rebuild, I don't mind as long as it cures it

I am not a expert, but don't you think the clue is in "I had the cam belt changed then it started to idle rough" who did the belt change and has he put it on correctly ? it only has to be one tooth out and could cause your problems, You need to take it back and get them to rectify it

oh and you need to learn to talk correctly, it is "I had and not I has my cam belt changed !

I read on here somewhere that single point conversions were inferior. How old is the LPG conversion?

Thanks for the grammatical lessons, I'm afraid its predictive text on the iPad not myself.
The cam belt was completed by my mechanic that I use all the time, it has been checked by Toyota and is correctly fitted as I said previously Toyota said everything is running fine. I'm wondering if it's the tappets that have been disturbed or some crap is clogging them up?
the LPG system has been on since nearly new, (2000) it does have 200k on the clock now so maybe it does need the tappets adjusting, I had the a full rebuild on my other v8 at 100k.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I take it that Toyota might be right and it's a top end rebuild, could it be hat the tappets need adjusting.

Toyota charge £69 per hour for their technicians. There must be a local garage that can do this for you??!!

£69 try £80. I have put some oil addatives through and the lumpiness on idle has dramatically reduced and is only intermittent now, it hasn't had the tappets adjusted in the 4 years that I have owned it and I have put 60+k miles on the clock, do you think it could be that the need adjusting, is it in the service schedule

All fixed now, I bought some cheap copy coil packs, 7 out of 8 were arc ing to the block. So Toyota ones purchased, problem gone

Back