Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

He's still at it.

joinerman

Garage
Over on the " OTHER " forum, reading private messages & censoring them.

Yeah he must have a text sensing program to pick up "if you go to landcruiserclub you'll get an answer"!! Tosspot....

Just trying to help import a new member, he should be here tonight.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
"we're number 1"........."we're number 1".........I try and get over there as much as I can cos every LC owner deserves the help we can provide regardless of the douch running the forum. That being said i am sooo Glad i sent an email about a body lift all those many moons ago

Just a question about 'private' messages, surely they are just that... PRIVATE? As a moderator or whatever has he or anyone for that matter, the right to read a private message, let alone censor it?? I would find that quite alarming, given that a private message might for example contain my phone number or address, things I would never publish in the 'public domain' and would only be intended for the person being sent the PM?

Just a question about 'private' messages, surely they are just that... PRIVATE? As a moderator or whatever has he or anyone for that matter, the right to read a private message, let alone censor it?? I would find that quite alarming, given that a private message might for example contain my phone number or address, things I would never publish in the 'public domain' and would only be intended for the person being sent the PM?

I cannot see the PMs, well, not through the front-end anyway. No point in them putting in functionality for that as, well, they're private. Right?
All I can see, as admin, is how many you have sent and received. If I really wanted to reads your PMs then there are in the database un-encrypted and I could. (trust me though, I have more exciting things to do though)

What I suspect he has is either a lot of time to keep an eye on it by manually searching the database or an automatic search which alerts him to certain phrases. Either way, the tinfoil hat of paranoia must be getting uncomfortable....

Typical DBA 'hmmm - need a script for THAT!! Tappity-tap, done - Cool - now I can see what's going on in MY database'

Dork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Typical DBA .........

Not all DBAs are like that, some couldn't give a ..... :whistle:

I must admit that I do post on the other side very sporadically, if only to try and payback a little of the help I received from it.

Well I think I am banned, as I have not been able to get on there for a few months now.

It looks like he has made a decision.

Now I want my £25 back what I paid him to be a life member.

Please can some one post up his email address.

Gra.

Back