Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey guys

Mickeywall

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys i'm new to here.. I have a 89 hj75 series ute ..... but I have a slight problem I can only get into 3rd and 4th gear can anyone help

Hi Mickey and welcome to the friendliest landcruiser forum.

On your truck, can you get into 1st and 2nd with the engine off? If so, your gearbox is probably ok and you need to be looking towards the clutch. I think it's a hydraulic clutch on that truck so check for leaks and fluid level. Try running new fluid through and bleeding the clutch at the master cylinder. It maybe you need a new clutch if all is well with the pedal/release mechanism. Is the clutch really high up on the pedal?

If it won't go in with the engine off then the fault is in the gearbox. There's a few members on here that know far more about this than I do. But it could be something as simple as a detent. Symptoms preceding this would be essential to determine what needs doing. Hopefully it's clutch related.

You may be better popping this question separately on its own thread in the 70 section as you'll likely get more responses to it directly from other members.

Good to have you aboard Mickey.

Best wishes
Richard

Welcome Mickey to a great forum, if it wont go across the gate into the 1st/2nd plane I'd start by making sure nothing was fouling the gear lever action and take it along the sequence of action to the selectors. After that its in the box.

Welcome Mickey!

Didn't the 70 Series suffer from the nylon pivot cup cracking or something similar, where the symptoms were difficulties getting the lever across the gate?

Maybe I've dreamt this, but I'm sure there's been posts on this.

Ben will pipe-up soon I guess, or another 70 participant.

Told you I didn't know much about these. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back