Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Cambridgeshire

Gav missin

Hello to everyone. My name is gav. Had cruisers for almost 20 year's now. Started with a 70 series then a 4.2 80 series Ltd with no turbo a 2 inch lift. Had that 13 yr's before losing the plot and swapping to a navara!!!!!! That lasted 4 months before the engine fell apart at 130 000. Needed another cruiser so got a lwb colarado which although a great truck just ain't an 80. So garry at 80 breaker put me on to a truck he had been offered. A 1995 24 valve auto import with factory winch.I've since fitted leather interior and wood pack to dash and door tops. What a motor. With less than 120 k on the clock should last a while. However as it's just so clean I managed to convince the other half we NEED! Another one and as she so great we now have a 1992 auto too with all working lockers and a set of 35s with a 2 inch lift. Thanks to garry for that one too. Just love my toyotas hope to hook up with like minded folks on here. Many thanks gav.

Welcome Gav.

Navaras are known for spitting the rods through the block....

The 80s are great. Just make sure the bebs are sorted in the wife's truck and the rest you will know about with owning them for the time you have.

Wow, sounds like a worthy stable!

Nice intro Gav, welcome to the forum :text-welcomewave:

Pics of these 80s would be nice, once you've settled in. Some have to clock up about 15 posts to upload photos others not, so it's worth a try.

Photos are always nice. Forgot to add that bit....

we all like a good photo

Will do Karl. Intend to check them asap. She's 245000 up anyway so won't hurt to have a look. New injectors on the list too as a bit smokey. Still passed mot recently so can't be too bad. Navara cracked head on second engine at 130k. Really not a strong lump.back where I belong now behind the wheel of toyotas finest.

Will try to load some pics tomorrow. May have to get the missus to help tho!! Not too good with technology. ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome.
Looking forward to the photos!

What's your plans?

No real plans for the 24 valve apart from refurbished alloys underside clean and treat with waxoil or similar. It's my shiny one . The 12 v with lift and 35s well beb s and injectors really. Use that one for my dog's and as a shoot truck. That one certainly not afraid of a bit of fen mud. Just my toy really.

Oh I think you'll fit right in here. Other Landcruisers are available of course. But the 80's are the mutts.

Love mine to bits. As already said, we want pics, we want pics ....

Thanks chris. Only been on here half hour or so and been made most welcome already. Know what you mean with the 80 s. Once you had one nothing else will do. Will try some pics tomorrow in the light.

Well now you see that's what happens when you post a great introduction.

Just come on and start demanding stuff and we're unlike to want to talk to you. Demanders take note ....

Can't believe I forgot to mention my 1992 manual 80 owned a few years back. Purchased for £2900 with 233k on the clock. Basically abused it for 5 hard year's towing heavy trailers all over. Barely laid a spanner on it apart from oils and belt s. Sold to exporter showing 388k for £2600.not many trucks can lay claim to that. 80 s really do rule.

Belated welcome Gav, 2 80's, can't fault you. My preference is for the 24V autos, with, as you have done leather and wood conversion, UK tailgate, spare underneath and you've got the best of the 80's. Some imports have lockers too, the one I last bought did and I love it as the lockers both work. If you have an LSD axle,it will be all you really need, if you are in a position where you need low box and all 3 lockers in you are where you shouldn't be !!
80's bought right can be cheap motoring as in depreciation terms but can soon start swallowing money if you start rebuilding this, replacing that major unit as cars bought for spares command good money to start with.
Great find with a factory winch, which are pretty rare and a good winch to boot but whether you will ever need it in road use id debatable.
As the other guys have said, photos are a requisite for greater acceptance :lol:

Hi Andy. Love my 24 valve with auto box I have to agree. Still have rear mounted spare and have to admit it's grown on me now as originally intended to remove it. Have taken a few pics on my phone this morning but cannot see how to load them. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm trying to send from a mobile phone. Many thanks.

With my Apple iPhone 5, I still use Safari and add photos from the phone using the 'picture' icon on the menu (the square with a tree in it).

It opens a dialogue box which should be self explanatory to follow.

If not, somebody may be able to advise how to use apps like Tapatalk or others.

I'm OK with tala talk for monitoring threads and simple text replies and posts, but I can't handle photo uploads or web links, which I know are possible using it.

TBH, I use iPad and laptop much more than my phone.

Thinks I'll have to wait for the better half to get home to load pictures. Really have no idea what I'm doing. She is the techy one. I just have a selection of large hammers !!!!!

I'm not a "techy" either Gav. I take photos with Iphone5 transfer to "pictures" on computer, download to photobucket and copy and paste to your thread, if I can manage that then anything is possible.

We will get there I promise! When she gets home this afternoon I'll be straight on to it. Well she will. Just wondering if anyone on here local to me or reasonably close. I'm just outside wisbech in Cambridgeshire.

We will get there I promise! When she gets home this afternoon I'll be straight on to it. Well she will. Just wondering if anyone on here local to me or reasonably close. I'm just outside wisbech in Cambridgeshire.

Handy for Garry then, I deal a lot round there, are you in one of the local villages? we had our tea at Oliver Twists in Guyhirn last time I was down there.

Yeah live only a couple of miles from garry. I'm in Leverington. You should let me know next time you are this way on. If I'm about will put the kettle on.

Back