Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi From Northants

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
Hi All,

Names Pete, a long suffering green oval fender refugee. I'm 50 this yr, and with the obligatory ex RN Divers glass back I decided I'm old enough for some comfort and reliability in my motor, so LC it is :lol:

A couple of LCC members have recomended the forum to me, Trevor, and David CWC, know me from the Northants forum/Response team. Since I managed to convince David to split his toy collection I am now the proud owner of a nicely tooled up 80 series :icon-biggrin:

The new EFS suspension is fantastic, I can't believe how well it can keep 3 tons of fun the right way up!

No pics just yet as I'm struggling on a temp internet connection until BT/EE sort their issues out, I'm sure you guys know more about it than I do anyway :lol:

I'm into laneing mostly, now I've got the 80 I could be tempted further afield too, might get a cheapish trayback/trailer truck for playdays once I've sold my 90. I'll have to prep the 90 for sale first, it's been a messy divorce, ever since I told her I'd had enough she keeps sticking me with more bills :lol: just need to change the front diff, polish her up, and write the advert before I get the decree absolute :icon-biggrin:

I have a couple of minor bits to sort on the LC before we're out in anger, extend the rear bumpstops, and extend the rear anti-rollbar so it sits where it should after the new EFS kit was fitted, I'll also get the air-con sorted at some point, besides that we're good to go!

Cheers, Pete.

Good to see you made it over here......... We are getting a few cruisers on N44 now.

Good to see another from N44 here. You'll really enjoy that 80.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome, nice intro and bags of fun to be had in an 80 in comfort! Don't envy you with your back, mine is a pain from a misspent youth lifting engines and such nonsense but I've known a few offshore rig divers with bubbles, not nice at all.

IMG_20150806_203156_zps7sg2egkn.jpgIMG_20150806_203233_zpss3ckj5dd.jpgIMG_20150806_204306_zpsxsczsqaw.jpgIMG_20150806_211551_zps6tg3rhd3.jpg

Cheers for the warm welcome chaps :thumbup:

Popped out down a local lane for the sunset shot in me new truck :icon-cool:

My Back is loving the seats in the LC, plenty of lumbar support and endless electrical adjustment, I reckon I could drive all day and then some! A major imporvement on the bucket seats in my buscuit tin!

Last edited:
Great to hear how you impressed with your new rig, congratulations! Awesome sunset pics..

Back