Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ-60 Glow Plug Help

Axel0410

Country Flag
australia
Does anybody know how to extend the time the glow plugs come on for at the moment it only stays on for about 2-3 seconds which isn't long enough, better yet does anybody know how to install a button onto your dash that you can press and hold so the glow plugs stay on for however long you hold the button on.
and if i could install a button like that would it matter that i have 2 batteries?
Thanks

IS it the light that stays on or the glow plugs on the 80 series IIRC the light goes off quickly but the plugs stay on for a while.

on mine the timer has been bypassed and a separate push button installed on the dash that brings in the relay so you can glow it as long as you hold the button in. might be worth a try.

Just out of curiousity, but why would you want to do that? isn't the glow time depending on the temprature? If the system isn't glowing long enough it could be caused by a faulty temp sensor.

Having one or two batteries (24V, so 2) doesn't matter. As Mr-chook was saying, an extra button can be used to bypass the relay. You just need to find the electrical scematics, or follow the wires....

There is no point in bypassing the switch, glow plugs heat to a certain temperature and then thats it. Trust me, I'm a lot of years using old tractors and machinery.

If they aren't working, there are 2 reasons. Either you need one or more new glow plugs, or your engine is worn resulting in very bad compression when cold.

glowplugs run for much longer than that on mine, the light goes off in a few seconds, but you can hear the glowplug relay click after quite a long time, when its cold i ususally start on the relay click, starts much smoother

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back