Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

holiday season & excursions ?

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,

wishing everyone a great holiday season, have a good break and a great new years.

any plans to head out into the tracks / mud at all in these coming weeks ?

Regards,

Hi,

wishing everyone a great holiday season, have a good break and a great new years.
any plans to head out into the tracks / mud at all in these coming weeks ?
Regards,

Thanks GoK, how thoughtful! It's a bit premature for me to even consider it a pending holiday, were completely overwhelmed at the moment in work, but all will come good on 24th, when we're supposed to break up, hopefully!

I am back in the UK yesterday, now just working to clear out 'open fluffery'[1] and going into shutdown mode this 16th till 2nd Jan!

regards

[1]: Technical term.

Well I finish on the 31st Jan and walk into my new job on the 1st Feb. I had hoped for a break to go to Norway or something. But not a chance. I need to talk to them about taking unpaid leave so I can get a trip in this coming year. Not sure where but it won't be the Baltic. Or Morocco. Pyrenees perhaps, Tabernas?

I'm pretty busy at the moment. Solid up till Christmas and some over the holidays if I want it (which I probably don't). Spent 7 hrs in the truck today to do 3 hrs work. Lovely driving the truck but not in such heavy traffic.
I would be really knackered if I was driving another vehicle.
Still, I got to see Harrods Christmas lights.
Bloody Sat Nav…:rage:

Well I finish on the 31st Jan and walk into my new job on the 1st Feb.

Not sure if I should congratulate or commiserate you :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Well done, glad you landed something, for a second I was worried.. honest :wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a c.o.b. 23rd start for me, but I need to cram 3 weeks into the next 9 days to bring it off. PITA, and it's the same every Christmas.

Back in on Tuesday 3rd, by the look of things... Still that's 10 days and nights of free time, eatin', drinkin' and kicking the cat.

Might get a trip out in the mud squeezed in and we've planned a new year road trip to the mountains in the south at Herculane, appx. 800km round trip.

That will be fun in itself, if we have more snow :lol: :dance:

Finish at 5 pm today till 9th January, nowhere in the Cruiser but instead we’re off to Thailand for Christmas and Bali for the New Year.

I finish wed lunch time for Christmas and looking forward to some family time.
Monday is going to be interesting at work though with what I'm giving the manager!!

Good news on the new job @Chris

Yep, just thinking the same! But what happened to Cristmas Chris, no mention...?

DSC_0845_kindlephoto-15279294.jpg
Sorry guys. I finished work Friday the 9th and am currently on a three week roadtrip in the States, but not with my truck which I miss terribly. Toyota's are to be seen everywhere over here with some impressive mods and lifts. The S P A C E out here is totally jaw dropping. I have to admit that I am jealous.The GMC Terrain is the animal we're driving around in. Costs around $35 dollars to fill the 18 gallon tank. Have a great Christmas and New Year's all of you. Looking forward to my next road trip around Scotland next year.

Last edited:
Well I finish on the 31st Jan and walk into my new job on the 1st Feb. I had hoped for a break to go to Norway or something. But not a chance. I need to talk to them about taking unpaid leave so I can get a trip in this coming year. Not sure where but it won't be the Baltic. Or Morocco. Pyrenees perhaps, Tabernas?

Good luck with the move Chris. Yes, it would have been great to take a break, but maybe its better this way.

16th has come and the work day is done. But looks like I am still working next Monday. Then the break.

Good news on the new gig. I hope they let you off for the trip later.

Going to speak to them about taking unpaid leave on top of regular hols. I need a clear three week period at least to get a decent trip in somewhere and take time to relax instead of flying around at full speed not seeing anything. Anywhere we go that's not in the UK needs a week just to get there and back before doing anything else.

Going to speak to them about taking unpaid leave on top of regular hols. I need a clear three week period at least to get a decent trip in somewhere and take time to relax instead of flying around at full speed not seeing anything. Anywhere we go that's not in the UK needs a week just to get there and back before doing anything else.

Yep, like Comarnic... :whistle:

Back